Battlezoo Shares The OGL v1.1

Battlezoo, the YouTube channel which shared the initial leak of the new Open Game License, has shared the PDF of the OGL v1.1 draft which is currently circulating. This draft is, presumably, the same document obtained by Gizmodo last week. It's not currently known if this is the final version of the license.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
There's nothing about the name in the meme. And the meme probably wouldn't have been made and definitely wouldn't have been the sexist "hold my chardonnay" (because women don't drink beer, amirite? Thingsnerdsbelieve.com) tag. So come off it.
I think the use of chardonnay was classist not sexist. Likely chosen over "beer" because it was an out-of-touch corporate type. While you have a point that pulling someone out a couple rungs down on the chain of command may not be fair, but you are stretching to make this sexist.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Is one not allowed to point obvious sexism?

If nothing else, the "hold my chardonnay" absolutely 100% confirms the sexism of the meme. I've seen plenty of memes featuring two women which stuck to "hold my beer", you have to kick some old-school sexism to change that.
Sure, you are allowed to, but the sexism here is not obvious.

SteveC

Doing the best imitation of myself
They probably aren't wrong.
I think it's too early to tell. What I know is that it has affected my attitude, and people I know. I got a call from a friend in the industry that I haven't spoken to in over 10 years about this and he's worried, as are the people he knows. To me, that says something. My online gaming group uses third party stuff, so they are looking into other games at the moment because they don't think they'll be able to play them.

Both of us have been talking about what made D&D so popular again, and have come to the opinion that it was all of the people who've been evangelizing it, and none of those people work for WotC.

The cynic in me agrees with you, but I don't like that guy, so I'm hoping for a change or better things to come through.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
However the expression of them I'm a lot less sure on that. Eg 12-13 is +1 bonus, 14-15 +2 etc.
One thing to note is that expression and process are separate things. A chart of numbers is expression but the formula used to create that chart is not expression. So you can use the math, just not the chart. All WotC modifiers are: stat - 10, divide by 2, round down.

Remove ads

Remove ads