Battlezoo Shares The OGL v1.1

Battlezoo, the YouTube channel which shared the initial leak of the new Open Game License, has shared the PDF of the OGL v1.1 draft which is currently circulating. This draft is, presumably, the same document obtained by Gizmodo last week. It's not currently known if this is the final version of the license.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Cynthia Williams is the BU head of WoTC (president, Wizards of the Coast and Digital Gaming,), I believe a direct report to the CEO and is high enough up that she was with CEO on the UBS webcast when she was directly quoted about monetizing D&D more. I think it is a fair comparison to the previous Williams.
What often gets overlooked in discussing Cynthia Williams is that she spent over a decade at Altria Group as an Associate Finance Director, which at the time was the parent company of Philip Morris, one of the world's largest tobacco companies.

In other words, she was making sure that using tobacco products remained profitable.

That's not something that I can personally countenance, as there's no way she didn't know she was working in an industry that profited off of human suffering and death. To me, that's far and away worse than any charges that can be thrown at any previous executives of TSR/WotC.

It's not sexist to take a shot at women in power, true. But how you do it might be.
"Hold my beer" moments have been widespread in meme culture. So why replace beer with Chardonnay? Because one's coded masculine, the other feminine (and I won't even get into the social class coding - that's more of an exercise for another day).
They should have made it "hold my champagne" instead. The favorite drink of upper class twits of both genders!

Zardnaar

Legend
They should have made it "hold my champagne" instead. The favorite drink of upper class twits of both genders!

If they said hold my wine I would have taken it as sexist.

Chardonnay or champagne comes across as more classist.

That's the first meme I've seen about here can't really print the ones about Chris Cocks here who has a very unfortunate last name for mockery purposes. He probably got beaten up at school.

Cynthia worked for big tobacco as well. Chris might be a smeghead but don't think he's done anything that scummy.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Proper champagne or the off brand knockoffs?

It makes me sad that no one seems to be growing and marketing sparkling wine from Champaign, Illinois - where the University of Illinois is.

(One article makes it sound like it, but its in Peru, IL and not using the name).

Remove ads

Remove ads