Battlezoo Shares The OGL v1.1

kenada

Legend
Supporter
You can make a simplified, yet fully compatible version of Pathfinder by making feat and other features preselected in a small number of simplified classes. Choose those feats that provide a constant, static benefit if you want to make it even more user friendly.

When people are comfortable with the system and ready for something more complex, they can switch to the full version of Pathfinder.
Sure, but maybe they don’t want to play PF2, and no amount of simplification or hand-holding will change that. I’m suggesting just use it to build the game people want to play instead of waiting for an open core SRD that doesn’t exist and may be challenging to create. Of course, this is all assuming that PF2 can be disentangled from the 3e SRD and OGL.

Tazawa

Adventurer
Sure, but maybe they don’t want to play PF2, and no amount of simplification or hand-holding will change that. I’m suggesting just use it to build the game people want to play instead of waiting for an open core SRD that doesn’t exist and may be challenging to create. Of course, this is all assuming that PF2 can be disentangled from the 3e SRD and OGL.

It’s always a possibility that people won’t like Pathfinder after simplification, but at least it provides an option.

It would allow people to play at the same table as other Pathfinder players. It would also be better for streaming—the last thing you want is a voice actor struggling with analysis paralysis.

Level Up would be my choice for a more 5e-like game. If Pathfinder can be disentangled and remains open, Level Up could be re-built off that base.

Last edited:

ilgatto

How inconvenient
There's nothing about the name in the meme. And the meme probably wouldn't have been made and definitely wouldn't have been the sexist "hold my chardonnay" (because women don't drink beer, amirite? Thingsnerdsbelieve.com) tag. So come off it.

Just out of curiosity @Ruin Explorer: Would you have considered the meme below sexist if it had been about, say, Brian Blume and, say, Chris Cocks or Dan Rawson, and read "Hold my beer!" instead of "Hold my chardonnay!"?

Fitting...
5c3fcfef88f7220d4d54eb07381206b7.jpg

Just out of curiosity @Ruin Explorer: Would you have considered the meme below sexist if it had been about, say, Brian Blume and, say, Chris Cocks or Dan Rawson, and read "Hold my beer!" instead of "Hold my chardonnay!"?
Hold my beer is the stand meme formulation.

So obviously not.

Only Boomer-ish (in the internet behaviour sense, not the age-cohort sense) behaviour of the worst kind would cause an individual to stop and change that to "chardonnay".

It this is an attempt at a "gotcha" is particularly amateurish lol.

ilgatto

How inconvenient
Hold my beer is the stand meme formulation.

So obviously not.

Only Boomer-ish (in the internet behaviour sense, not the age-cohort sense) behaviour of the worst kind would cause an individual to stop and change that to "chardonnay".

It this is an attempt at a "gotcha" is particularly amateurish lol.
I see. So you're arguing that "Hold my beer!" isn't connected to "men" in any way?

I see. So you're arguing that "Hold my beer!" isn't connected to "men" in any way?
As part of a meme? No, not connected. You could absolutely argue that when it originated in the 1990s (before 95% of people who use it in memes were even born lol), it was connected specifically to male rednecks - Jeff Foxworthy is one of the first people who wrote it down. But by the 2010s when it became fashionable it had spread more widely hence stuff like:

It's often applied in memes with female subjects. I won't link any because all the ones I can easily find are indisputably partisan political, but there are plenty. And it's still "Hold my beer", even when the subject is a "fancy lady" or whatever, because the entire thing is a callback to the idea of having someone hold your beer for you whilst you try to ramp-jump an ATV over a swimming pool or something.

Changing it to chardonnay is Boomer-ish (again in the internet sense) and thus cringe and also weirdly sexist. I do agree with whoever pointed out there's also an element of classism being introduced, but that too is cringe.

I think this is my final post on the subject lol. It has been given too much time already!

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases