Before the Rise of Tiamat

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Moving up to the nearest brigand, Grimnir takes a swing at him with his warhammer. It's not a very accurate swing as the dwarf is preoccupied in getting his opponent between him and the spellcaster, to avoid being vulnerable to her magic.

"Take her out first!" he yells to his companions.

OOC: Move: To nearest brigand. (Does that trigger Lyle's Ready action?)

Attack: Warhammer attack: 1D20+5 = [6]+5 = 11
1D8+3 = [5]+3 = 8

Note: I have a Reaction ready in case I'm being hit by a melee attack, which is the Wrath of the Storm feature.

HP: 9/11
Wrath of the Storm: 3/4 left before Long Rest
Spell slots (1st level): 0/2 left before Long Rest

Envisioner

Explorer
"Well that's just rude," the spellcaster says, beginning a series of arcane gestures. "Teach the dirt-dwarf some manners, will you Skorob?" Her voice then trails off into some sort of incantation, and she pulls an aspergillum out of one sleeve of her robe, spinning it over her head and spraying a light shower of water across both of her goons (as well as herself). Where the water splashes on herself or her activities, you see it momentarily flash with blood-red light before soaking into their leathers or robe.

"Whatever you say, Ishka," the presumable Skorob says as he steps forward and swings his scimitar at Grimnir's face. Umberlee's power surges as the blade bites into the dwarf's cheek, delivering a slash that is only marginally worse than if he cut himself while shaving (unusually enough for a dwarf, Grimnir probably actually has shaved, if only when he was young enough not to have much sense of dwarven pride); the peal of thunder and lightning that he generates will probably hurt the goon more than the cleric himself was hurt. However, as the crackling arc leaps into his attacker, it is blunted by a flash of red light.

OOC: Skorob's hit roll (with Bless): 21 CoyoteCode Dice Roller
Dex save vs. Wrath of the Storm: 13 CoyoteCode Dice Roller
Forgot to add the Bless roll: 2, so 15 in total: CoyoteCode Dice Roller
Skorob's damage: 2 CoyoteCode Dice Roller

I forget whether you guys are missing any HP from earlier; regardless, mark Grimnir down a couple HP and roll damage for his reaction, dealing half of the roll result. Meanwhile Lyle can toss his dagger at Skorob. I'll wait for the results of those rolls before having the second cultist take an action.

Lyle's dagger catches Skorob right in the neck just after his swing; a gush of blood from the wound indicates that the wound is already near-fatal, and the retributive magic puts him down, although he's obviously still breathing (no need to even roll, it will do a minimum of 1 damage and can't possibly do enough for an instant kill, so the effect is the same regardless of the total result). That fact appears to be lost on his buddy, though. "Skorob! You little murderer!" He starts to dash after Lyle, but Ishka stops him with a hand on his shoulder. "No Zigmar, that's what these do-gooders want. Focus on one at a time and put them down, don't let them pull aggro and leave your allies vulnerable." "Grr...as you command," Zigmar reluctantly assents, and he too attacks Grimnir before he can get another reaction. However his heart is clearly not in it and his attack doesn't get even close.

OOC: Zigmar's hit roll: 10 CoyoteCode Dice Roller

That's all of them; to Mornok and then Lyle and Grimnir again

Last edited:

JustinCase

OOC: I love that Wrath of the Storm feature already. :)

Grimnir
HP: 7/11
Wrath of the Storm: 2/4 left before Long Rest

Envisioner

Explorer
OOC: It was obviously some sort of buff spell which offered some degree of protection; you saw the red glow flare when Grimnir shocked the guy who had attacked him, although it didn't stop him from passing out. While the effect on attacks was also more subtle, that Arcana roll is good enough that I'll rule you can also tell the spell improved their accuracy somehow.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Crit fail on a firebolt... Yeesh.
Fire Bolt: 1d20+5 6 1d10 6

Mornok read what he could into the woman's spell and felt he knew what she'd done. "She's some kind o' priest!

Then he held up his free hand, incanting a spell of his own. Unfortunately, in that moment he lost his balance and spoiled the spell which sizzled and smoked about the tips of his outstretcged fingers.

gnarlygninja

Explorer
Lyle tries to use the fireworks as a distraction, running up to stab Zigmar with his short sword. "It's a shame to lose a friend, I'll do my best to reunite you!" In his eagerness to come up with a quip, Lyle misjudges the timing of his strike.
Lyle glances at Zigmar hopefully. "Before you react, remember I was trying to do you a favor."

I doubt this hits but I'll roll damage on the off chance it does

JustinCase

”Not my god,” Grimnir spits when Mornok calls the woman a priest, and he points at her as if about to shout an insult.

Before he can open his mouth, however, a blast of shining water spouts from his pointing finger and washes over the enemy cleric.

”Thank you Umberlee,” the dwarf whispers in surprise.

OOC: Casting the Sacred Flame cantrip. Target takes 1d8 radiant damage; Dex save negates. DC 14

Sacred Flame: 1D8 = [6] = 6

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases