Best use of Wish?

Nail

First Post
Nifft said:
My favorite wish "storage device" would be a candle of invocation, because gate is often just as good as wish.
Way back in 3.0e I used Gate for nearly unlimited wishes. Boy howdy was that fun.

Hasn't that been corrected in 3.5e? I was under the impression that it had.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Nail said:
Way back in 3.0e I used Gate for nearly unlimited wishes. Boy howdy was that fun.

Hasn't that been corrected in 3.5e? I was under the impression that it had.
*shrug*

For every round of errata, there are two new source books with editing mistakes (or even outright broken mechanics).

I'll bet at least one infinite loop still survives.

Cheers, -- N

Nifft

Penguin Herder
HeavenShallBurn said:
Yep, there's even an infinite spell loop, but it only works at level 20 with a specific build.
Are you sure?

ISTR a fun loop in Eberron with action points used in place of staff charges, and a spell that gives 1 free action point each round.

When was that one closed?

Cheers, -- N

HeavenShallBurn

First Post
Nifft said:
Are you sure?
About the one I know of yes.
Nifft said:
ISTR a fun loop in Eberron with action points used in place of staff charges, and a spell that gives 1 free action point each round....When was that one closed?
Might not have been I never really kept up with Eberron beyond adopting the artificer and porting a couple of cultures from the CS, oh and Sharn.

I was talking about the "White Sands" build. It only started working once you hit lvl20 because it relied on a 9th level spell, arcane thesis, and sanctum spell. But it produced a chain of spell absorbing effects that could be siphoned off to provide enough spell levels to both hold the ongoing effects up and spam other spells endlessly. Inventive, I even used it for a BBEG at one point, but not really effective for a PC.

Your action point trick looks like a much better option, but since I never used action points or kept up with Eberron much it slipped past me. Though I will say forget druids and clerics or even the majority of CO board builds, the artificer is the most broken class in the game. I love it.

Folly

First Post
There is always the Planar Shepard PrC from eberron. Choose the plan of fire and then wildshape into an Efreeti with all of their spell-likes and supernaturals. Thanks to the polymorph errata you no longer gain the type, making you an eligible target for the wishes. Each time you wildshape you gain 3 more wishes.

skelso

First Post
roguerouge said:
Bah! Ability scores! Items! This is not the stuff of player glory! Go for the gusto! Dream big! Risk failure!

You have a whole week to write up an extremely precise wish.

Some brainstorming questions:
What plot hook would your character like to resolve?

What one thing would make this character happy? Not powerful, not better in combat: happy.

What went horribly wrong recently? How could you fix it without changing the past?

What will your character's life be like when they retire? How could you make that retirement more satisfying?

What is one utterly selfless thing that you could do with this wish, something that benefits someone other than you?

What wish would make you AND your DM happy?

This.

Are you playing the game to have fun, or do you prefer to just play with the numbers?

darthkilmor

First Post
In one game, I think this was a wish, or some similar "whatever you want" kind of thing, I wished to have a tiny little fun-loving (illusionary/incorporeal/whatever you wanna call it)demon on my shoulder, basically that looked like the BSD-style demon. Would hide under my helmet, or have different outfits/hats on, thumb his nose at ppl, and in general act as comic relief. It was great. Sort of like a free-willed permanent image-type thing that was always on my shoulders.

You could always wish for something weird,
like the ability to talk to insects, or
always knowing exactly what time it is and what direction & distance the closest open pub is, or
be immune to the negative effects of alcohol, or
always leave wet troglodyte-prints wherever you walk, or
to pull one card from the deck of many things(not so weird), or
a permanent floating throne to ride with a little joystick to direct its movement, or
anyone addressing you will meow soon after saying your name(and not realize it), or
the ability once a day to summon your future self and make two knowledge checks about something, or
your corpse will always be under the effects of gentle repose, or
a mug of ale that always refills itself, or
a magic hat that always appears as something different whenever someone looks at it(ie, wide-brimmed cowboy hat one second and then next time they look at you its a fedora, then maybe a beret, that kind of thing), or
something equally silly. :D

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases