Black Widow

Dire Bare

Legend
Nah. Bond never exhibits superhuman durability like Black Widow (he would survive falls like that through luck, landing on a hay-filled trailer or something, rather than bounce off a few metal railings, and then stand up again), and nothing even comes close to that final aerial showdown.
Heh, yeah. I was referring to the over-the-top action in the final act. Not so much Natasha's ability to come down HARD and walk away still breathing. That was certainly noticeable, but (IMO) stretching credulity by degree, not in kind for an action film. They should have toned that down, or been more obvious with the maybe Natasha is super soldier lite . . .

Stalker0

Legend
And a complete lack of thought. If he lowered birthrates for a while, he could have brought the universe to half population without killing anyone. Or he could have used the gauntlet to create more resources, so the universe never runs out. His plan doesn't play as something that works at all.
Or the best version of all,

adjust sentient intellect thst once they hit a certain population point their mentality changes towards a model of stability, and physically their birthrate naturally drops…but these changes are removed in their is a major population drop.

aka make sentient creatures better self regulate themselves

CapnZapp

Legend

adjust sentient intellect thst once they hit a certain population point their mentality changes towards a model of stability, and physically their birthrate naturally drops…but these changes are removed in their is a major population drop.

I don't think the Infinity Stones would have interpreted and executed that order correctly.

Safer to keep things simple.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow

I dont think Thanos ever took time to consider population psychology when he decided to kill half the universe as a sustainable conservation measure.

Stalker0

Legend
I don't think the Infinity Stones would have interpreted and executed that order correctly.

Safer to keep things simple.
It’s a magic genie wishing stone, that includes the mind stone which is basically a complex AI computer.

I mean if you are literally committing your whole life towards the goal of balancing all life in the universe…thst is one of the few ways to do it. Doubling resources or killing half of life only buys you a paltry sum of years. Continuous doubling means you will run out of space in the universe (if you think that’s crazy you underestimate the sheer power of exponential growth), and if you just kept growing the universe to compensate than interstellar travel will break down.

The absolute best and most efficient method is to rewire life to better balance itself.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
It’s a magic genie wishing stone, that includes the mind stone which is basically a complex AI computer.

I mean if you are literally committing your whole life towards the goal of balancing all life in the universe…thst is one of the few ways to do it. Doubling resources or killing half of life only buys you a paltry sum of years. Continuous doubling means you will run out of space in the universe (if you think that’s crazy you underestimate the sheer power of exponential growth), and if you just kept growing the universe to compensate than interstellar travel will break down.

The absolute best and most efficient method is to rewire life to better balance itself.
A better alternative might be to base Thanos's motivation on his love of Death as they did in the comics. That's pretty dark, though.

Janx

Hero
I dont think Thanos ever took time to consider population psychology when he decided to kill half the universe as a sustainable conservation measure.
no, I don't think he did.

I don't think he even understood the problem. There's only so much matter in the universe, and only so much of that is the right kind to be food or people. There's a built in limit. The reason people were suffering was cuz people like him had all the wealth as evidenced by their massive armies and war machines being used to inflict his will on people. Maybe if he'd have spent that time helping folks...

Remove ads