• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Blackguards with new req?

Demoquin

First Post
Is there a way that you can devise a new pre reqs to get into the Blackguard class? I am currently a bard that was really thinking about becoming a BG. With the feat req's it seems kinda silly that a bard must know imp sunder to get BG. In the BG description it does mention that rogues and bards have been to take the lighter side of the BG aspects.

Bard build has 14, 18, 10, 18, 12, 16 for stats.
Bard 3 Swa 3

TWf, Expertise, Imp Initiative and maybe Leadership

Cheiromancer

Adventurer
What Jester said.

You should start a thread in House Rules about changing the BG's prerequisites. I have often found them kinda odd- the BG doesn't seem to be focussed on sundering things, so why is improved sunder a pre-req? And shouldn't it be easier for fallen paladins to become blackguards? Etc..

But such talk is out of place in the rules forum.

Taloras

First Post
I can think of one reason Improved Sunder would be a good thing for a Blackguard. Sunder that damn Paladin's weapon so he cant smite you. :)

Endur

First Post
In a game I played in the 80's, if a Anti-Paladin sundered a Paladin's Holy Avenger, a nuclear explosion occurred. Not sure what book that rule game out of, though.

Drowbane

First Post
Endur said:
In a game I played in the 80's, if a Anti-Paladin sundered a Paladin's Holy Avenger, a nuclear explosion occurred. Not sure what book that rule game out of, though.

Bah! The sooner people stop thinking purely in game mechanics, the better. No offense, but DMs don't require rules for dramatics.

Demoquin

First Post
Ok i know in the end that it all comes down to the DM's judgement. What i was asking was ... what would be some better pre req's then what they have given?

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Demoquin said:
what would be some better pre req's

Your question cannot be answered here. Here we can only discuss that which is. Your question should be taken to those who discuss that which should be (aka House Rules).

-- N

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads