• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Blow it up! What class need to be completely re-worked in 5e?

If I "blew up" all the classes and got to remake everything, I'd probably end up with the following:

Fighter
Priest
Warlock
Wilder
Rogue
McGuyver... I mean, artificer
Necromancer
Mystic
Arcanist / Elementalist

"Wait," you say, "What's going on here? What about XYZ?" Well, the idea is kind of similar to how we have some people that want to have four classes (fighter, rogue, cleric, wizard), and every variation of that be a subclass of the main four. I went the opposite. You have nine different power sources - weaponmastery, trickery (yes, rogue gets its own power source), divine, arcane, nature, etc. If you want to be a paladin? Be a priest, take heavy armor and sword training. Eldritch Blaster, Hexblade or Summoner? Warlock's got you covered. Want to be a beguiler, a bard, a psychic? Mystics got it all.

For example, Fighter would include the following:
- Smith
- Guard
- Weaponsmaster
- Scout
- Warlord

Meanwhile, Priest would still be divided up by Mythology / Domain, but you could play them differently depending on what weapons, armor and spell training you take, evoking classic paladin v. cleric divide. The Mystic would encompass all variations of metnalists, enchanters and illusionists, including arcane tricksters and psy blades. Warlock would have everything monster-magic related, including stealing Dragon magic. And so on

Krestus

First Post
The 5e rogue is a senseless abomination... want to be a super powerful sniper who can run at lightspeed, become invisible, dodge fireballs, and never take full damage while one-shotting every enemy? Take 2 levels in Super-Commando-Fighter-Wizard-Mime-SonictheHedgehog! I mean... thief? boooooooooooooooooooo

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads