Bob the World Builder Interviews Kyle Brink

Scribe

Legend
I mean, if people think they can leak things without consequence, I've got a bank account they can drop money in, and I for sure will give it back...

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
I do not have much exposure to Bob the Builder but he seems like a really nice dude. He was gentle (and thoughtful) in his tone and approach. Much less tense than the interview with 3 Black Halflings.
I very much liked the idea of there being no 3pp but rather 5e contributors of various size.
He’s got a real Bob “I never want to raise my voice again” Ross energy.

OB1

Jedi Master
I don’t think that is bad. I think that is good all things considered.

I know. I do t agree with what you said. But I agree with this part.
Agreed Uni, they would be fully in the right to dismiss the employee regardless of if they come forward or not. As serious as the OGL situation was for a lot of people in the community, it doesn't come close to a situation where whistle-blower protections would be relevant, this was (bad) business, not illegal activity.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
“work with you” being an “recovery strategy”

That’s bad.

Not coming forward and being found out is the “or else”

Exactly what I said.
Your phrasing sounds like a threat: “If you don’t come forward, things will be worse for you.” His phrasing sounds like a peace offering: “If you do come forward, I’ll be more inclined to work with you.”

Your phrasing sounds like a threat: “If you don’t come forward, things will be worse for you.” His phrasing sounds like a peace offering: “If you do come forward, I’ll be more inclined to work with you.”
Enhh..seems like both are true. It's much the same as..

We'd love to partner with you in a mutually beneficial relationship...

But..

If you don't partner with us, we'll be happy to sue you instead.

Scribe

Legend
Still bizarre to me that they feel this way. Like, yeah, the setting has slavery, but the slavers are the bad guys.

Like the update to Volo's, I think it was Volo's, via errata. Even the potential, possible, hinting, maybe, that players could do something evil like participate in slavery, is a no go.

Remove ads