D&D General Bob World Builder Recreates WOTC's "Do You Like Me?" Survey!

Zardnaar

Legend
Still a drop in the bucket compared to WotC's reach and therefore the scope of participants will be different.

The sources you named are those who are in-tune with the greater TTRPG community. WotC can hit people who only worry about D&D. There is overlap, but WotC can hit a larger net. And those people don't have the same opinions as those of us who follow the wider hobby.

My point is that Bob's results should not be used as a replacement for WotC's data, but it will be regardless. All those people who are spreading the word are going to write or vlog expansive analysis when it inevitably shows that people who are in-tune with the wider TTRPG community have strong thoughts on Wizards of the Coast and that will be used to extrapolate that WotC's survey got the same or comparable results and proceed to make dire predictions of doom to fuel the next round of clickbait.

You're going to have to forgive me if I don't take any analysis of this data from you, Bob, or anyone else seriously.

What it might reveal is youtubes opinion on WotC.

Perception can also be reality. Eg if 5.5 underwhelms.......

DoctorPip

Explorer
Is there a reason to take this video in bad faith?

By reading this topic I've seen implications of toxicity that remains vague and undefined. I've seen moral grandstanding denoting Bob's use of clickbait titles is a significant immoral offense that earns him their ire regardless of its frequency. I've read a brief argument about the effects of relentless positivity, with no implications that Bob is guilty of this. Just a anecdotal disagreement for the sake of contest.

I've read that Bob's videos trended negative, and seen the statement that only 3 of his videos are negative met with silent resignation or unmired insistence that the negativity is abundant.

Bad faith assumptions of Bob's intent are common. He's just trying to stir up trouble, he's trying to get clicks, he's just another angery youtuber, etc. And this seems to be the foundation of the divide.

So I ask; Is there a reason to take this video in bad faith?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Is there a reason to take this video in bad faith?

By reading this topic I've seen implications of toxicity that remains vague and undefined. I've seen moral grandstanding denoting Bob's use of clickbait titles is a significant immoral offense that earns him their ire regardless of its frequency. I've read a brief argument about the effects of relentless positivity, with no implications that Bob is guilty of this. Just a anecdotal disagreement for the sake of contest.

I've read that Bob's videos trended negative, and seen the statement that only 3 of his videos are negative met with silent resignation or unmired insistence that the negativity is abundant.

Bad faith assumptions of Bob's intent are common. He's just trying to stir up trouble, he's trying to get clicks, he's just another angery youtuber, etc. And this seems to be the foundation of the divide.

So I ask; Is there a reason to take this video in bad faith?
Because it is clickbait. And yes, Bob is a toxic clickbait artist, even if he smiles while throwing feces.

SteveC

Doing the best imitation of myself
My take on Bob is that he does solid content. The stuff he does is fun, and he's incredibly enthusiastic. I say that even though we don't exactly have the same playstyle.

Now he has said some negative things about WotC and what's happened in the last year, and that upsets some people. Just like when I see people posting strong positive WotC comments, they get people who want to fight with them. It's really important to evaluate content in both cases and not just lash out.

Remove ads