D&D 5E Book of Many Things pre order up.

Well, in my case, I've always wanted a physical Deck, but never really felt a deep urge to go out and get one. So, in my case at least, I'm a customer interested in a Deck of Many Things who hasn't already bought an actual Deck, but will purchase this product to get one.

DragonBelow

Adventurer
This thing turned up into my campaign. It killed one character, and screwed up at least another player. By the end of the session, I had laid out a series of quests to undo the damage. By next session, I chalked the whole thing to a shared dream, and had the whole carnival disappear from town. I'm reluctant to let this deck into my game again :p.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
This thing turned up into my campaign. It killed one character, and screwed up at least another player. By the end of the session, I had laid out a series of quests to undo the damage. By next session, I chalked the whole thing to a shared dream, and had the whole carnival disappear from town. I'm reluctant to let this deck into my game again :p.
Well, the point of thelis product is tonprocide material and guidance to make the item useful and not a disaster.

R_J_K75

Legend
Yeah that kind of my opinion too. It's also not a setting book and insanely expensive, even more expensive then Planescape.
$99 is more than I'm willing to spend. I don't like the fact that a deck of 66 cards that I'll never use is most likely driving up the price. Seems like prices went from ~$40 a book to $70-$100 a book/slip case in a very short amount of time. I'd prefer if they offered the book and cards separately, people that want it can buy them both, but don't make me buy both if I don't want them.

$99 is more than I'm willing to spend.
Missing the point. This product is designed to be A CHRISTMAS GIFT. Therefore it's deliberately not something you would buy for yourself, it's something someone would buy for someone else (confident that it's too expensive and frivolous for them to already own it).

It's comparable to a fancy box of chocolates with elaborate packaging. You don't buy that for yourself, you buy yourself a bar of Fruit and Nut.

R_J_K75

Legend
Missing the point. This product is designed to be A CHRISTMAS GIFT. Therefore it's deliberately not something you would buy for yourself, it's something someone would buy for someone else (confident that it's too expensive and frivolous for them to already own it).

It's comparable to a fancy box of chocolates with elaborate packaging. You don't buy that for yourself, you buy yourself a bar of Fruit and Nut.
I don't think I'm missing the point, I know I wouldn't spend $99 on this, whether if it's for myself or someone else. Saying this is meant to be specifically a CHRISTMAS GIFT is a bit of a stretch, and BTW I don't celebrate CHRISTMAS.

Remove ads