• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E BREAKING 5th Edition!

Remathilis

Legend
> 7.) Watch the DM use Tiamat from the back of Rise of Tiamat to crush your pitiful attempt at min-maxing before kicking you out of his game, you cheating SOB.

But will the DM be breaking the rules regarding encounter difficulty by PC level? We powergamers take the rules very seriously, you know!

df5c504d10c538e4c5b88e308206a324ed6c0fcff9e54a3e131fc3c17aff7464.jpg

Agamon

Adventurer
If frustrating your DM is the goal, you don't need no silly game rules. My suggestions:

1. Sit next to him and poke him in the arm every 10 seconds.
2. Every time he starts explaining something, yell, ""Quiet! ...did you hear that?"
3. When he sets up minis on the battlemat, use it as an excuse to practice your "pull away the tablecloth" magic trick.
4. When he's not looking, grab a couple of his dice and throw them out the nearest window.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
What happened to senses of humor?

What happened to being funny?

EN World's users are skewed to those who are at least sometimes GMs. A joke of the form, "Let's be jerks to our GMs!" is apt to fall just a tad flat on the audience.

Derren said:
Its apparently too early for this thread as most people are still in the "Thou shall not find faults in the new edition" phase.

I think, if you read again, you'll find the reaction is less against the finding of faults, and more against being a jerk about it at the table.

Mallus

Legend
I respond to wheedling and pressure from players better when it's accompanied by gift-wrapped bottles of single malt Scotch. For example, Lagavulin 16 year...

nomotog

Explorer
I kind of think that DMs should be asking this question. Like I want to know if adding in hide and move silently will brake the balance, or if one extra feat is really that powerful.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I respond to wheedling and pressure from players better when it's accompanied by gift-wrapped bottles of single malt Scotch. For example, Lagavulin 16 year...

Heck, when I started my Deadlands game, I outright told my players that I could be bribed, and that I had a taste for small batch, crafted root beers...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads