• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bree Yark!

Warren Okuma

First Post
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say about Hey Rube:

Hey Rube was a small planetoid 1222-K488 in the Hollingraff star system in an elliptical orbit. Until the Slagmorphins (a peculiar race that worshiped the first fruit of the season that fell after lunch) decided to decorate it like a potato during a religious ceremony as according to the prophet of the first fruit after a night of binge drinking and something concerning a goat.

Thus in the Hollingraff star system it means to decorate an asteroid as a potato in an elliptical orbit.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
Middle-Earth: the Lost Chapters

Unbeknown to most, Frodo and Sam's return to the Shire was not wholly uneventful. When they got near to the town of Bree, a large, oblong wooden object could be seen hovering over the tops of the buildings. They walked to the town square where a throng of people had assembled and looked up toward the sky.

They saw the underside of what appeared to be an ocean-going ship, hovering in the air above their heads some fifty feet. It was tethered to the ground by six long ropes and attended to by a dozen hobbits dressed in snappy orange jumpsuits.

"What's that?" Sam asked obviously.

"It's what's going to make our town famous," a never-to-appear-in-this-story-again hobbit said. "It's our Yark."

Frodo had been looking around. He saw pairs of animals being herded by an elderly hobbit with several wives. Suddenly, the crowd let out a collective gasp. A long wooden ramp was descending from the Yark....

Ulrick

First Post
You shouldn't trust people at the Keep on the Borderlands...they NEVER give their names. This includes the Innkeeper, the Castellan, the Guards...everbody.

And you know what those nameless embeciles told me!

They said that "Bree Yark" is goblin for "I surrender."

Doghead Thirteen

First Post
Ulrick said:
You shouldn't trust people at the Keep on the Borderlands...they NEVER give their names. This includes the Innkeeper, the Castellan, the Guards...everbody.

And you know what those nameless embeciles told me!

They said that "Bree Yark" is goblin for "I surrender."

You're not the only one, man. We all got fed that line of mouthwash.

At least I had the sense to be suspicious...

Apparently they got the memo on the names. By the time we Returned to the Keep, everyone there had names.

They still insisted "Bree Yark" was goblin for "I surrender", though. Good luck trying to get Goblin translated in that place. Sheesh. And don't get me started on how hard it is to get a replacement wizard for your party after the sixth one takes a dagger in the back.

Joshua Randall said:
Yeah, and they've all got 2d6 sp and a dagger +1 hidden under their pillows. :uhoh:

You think the Keep is bad -- have you ever been to Hommlet? +2 axes and suits of mail buried in the yard, magic swords hidden in the barn, piles of jewels in the dungheap. Simple farmers my hairy dwarven ass -- they're all sitting on mounds of gold and jewels.

And the nobles wonder why we adventurers always kill & loot the villagers in small peaceful villages -- it's 'cause they are all (1) secretly worshipping an evil shrine, (2) plotting to kidnap us and convert us to demon worship, (3) planning to rebel against the local lord, and (4) wealthier than kings. Forget bandits; it's the villagers you have to worry about!

Remove ads