ZEITGEIST BSI: Bosum Strand Irregulars

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
Very small update to let y'all know that while I have had very little time to write updates, we are probably going to finish this month. One of our players is planning a move to the UK before the end of the year, so we've powered through the final couple of adventures and started doing occasional extra sessions. We broke in the midst of the Reida fight last night, with two PCs falling into the void (and ready to Dimension Door their way back), the 4th Age of the arc of Reida crushed into tiny bits, and the Voice of Rot still unbloodied. Tomorrow night, we will probably finish that fight one way or another.

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
I missed it. How did it turn out? Anyone sucked into a golden mirror and turned evil?

I can now answer this properly. Ms. Gear, the party wizard who began the campaign as Constable James M. Chinast's Remarkable Mechanical Hat (i.e. the little Technologist summon), was sucked into a mirror and replaced with an evil version of herself. Gear's Plane Shift spell had been their escape plan, but Rock Rackus revealed that he can also Plane Shift. Cazara broke the Caeloon monk out of his chains and they prepared to leave. One of IronPeak's 5e character traits is "Leave no one behind," but after Evil!Gear Counterspelled Summer's Mass Cure Wounds, even IronPeak was willing to admit defeat and they left her.

Before the end of that session, they hit Ascetia and found out about their other selves back in the real world, so they never mounted a rescue attempt. The player has been running Gear back in the world and a Paladin Red Shirt promoted from amongst the ship's crew in the Gyre.

gideonpepys

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
VOne of our players is planning a move to the UK before the end of the year, so we've powered through the final couple of adventures and started doing occasional extra sessions.

Funnily enough, we're losing a player to the States in a few weeks. If you weren't so far ahead of us, we could have swapped!

Great to hear about high-level lunacy in preparation for epic tier.

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
Kasvarina at the Gyre

It was all over. Kasvarina stood at the edge of what remained of the arc of Reida, looking down into the churning nothing beneath her. Alienor, who had joined the fight against the Obscurati to avenge her son Mort, had followed him into death somewhere inside the great belly of the Voice of Rot. IronPeak, who had ascended from the rank and file of the Risuri army to become King of Risur, lay dead upon the silvery surface of Reida. Ghostly demons looted her corpse. Cazara, the Executore-turned-Constable who had been like a mother to Kasvarina when her memory was wiped and she became Summer — Cazara had unleashed a final, lethal bolt of electricity from the magic staff she had found only a day ago, killing the Voice of Rot from within its own mouth. The great snake dragged her down into the void, not releasing its grip even in death. There had been another, a brave fighter who Kasvarina had barely gotten to know. She couldn’t even remember the woman’s name. Like so many soldiers before her, she had died for Kasvarina’s cause while Kasvarina still lived.

She took a moment. This place, this unfinished circle of history, was connected to her. She had been drawn to a circlet bearing its name, and that circlet had restored her memories, told her who she was, who she had been, who she could be if she let herself. This place had brought her back. Seeing her own history anew, as one looking on from afar, she knew she could make everything right, or at least make amends. She knew she would never be able to do enough to forgive herself her own deeds, but every bit of good balanced out just a tiny bit of the bad, didn’t it? The hopes of dozens of worlds and millions of people were with her. If she failed, they would all be enslaved or destroyed. The weight of it was too much to bear. What if it turned out like last time? What if she couldn’t bring herself to do the right thing for once in her life?

The golden circlet appeared in her hand. Reida believed in her. In her other hand, she held the necklace of Srasama, the necklace that her daughter — the ghost of her daughter — had given her on Ascetia. It was time to make one more sacrifice in Kasvarina’s name. She took a step forward.

Last edited:

I feel there's something I have to share with y'all:

When our Skyseer saw a vision of Sijhen, she really locked onto the tentacles around his face. While everyone else screamed "Mind Flayers!" she just said, "like a weird alien cat with tentacles for whiskers?" When I told her that he was a warrior and conqueror who might be looking for new territory, she just nodded and called him a cat again.

When she had a vision of Gidim, she immediately called it Cat Planet. Alien, thoughtbeast, tentacle cats, but still --to her -- cats. When I told her she felt like the entire planet was alive, she got very excited about CAT PLANET, the planet that is also a cat.

Inside jokes, they do go on, as I'm sure you're aware.

So, now the whole group refers to Gidim as Cat Planet, and they are expecting to be invaded by more brain-occupying bipedal tentacats any day now.

Our skyseer player is also an artist. Today, she made a t-shirt: http://inksterinc.com/product/cat-planet/

I just wanted you to know that happened. I fully expect her to show up to the next session in her Cat Planet t-shirt

I was reminded of this just now, and sad that the Cat Planet shirts are no more.

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
In a little under two hours, we will be resuming the struggle to complete the Axis Seal ritual. Someone suggested I put out a paper plate to use as the golden seal... and then this happened...

golden seal.jpg

Remove ads