• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Build advice: Limits by Power Source instead of Class

ZickZak

Explorer
Ok, unsure how rule-friendly this is, but for the intersted in the end it is
Lvl 12 Drow Hybrid Ranger / Warlock (Binder), Darkstrider

With Star Pact, killing something allows for one round Invisibility and Fluid Ki feat for a one square Shift at the end of the same turn. MCing into Assassin allows for the Ki feat and also Feat to roll stealth when invisible. Threw in the Assassin/Warlock Shadow Walk feat.

Should be fun with good stealth if fighting against bigger groups of easier to kill enemies.

pemerton

Legend
I think you have to be an elf, a cleric, and worship Sehenine, but I might not be entirely correct on all of those, and I can't look stuff up in Compendium anymore...
Moonbow Dedicate: it's enough to worship Sehanine, and it gives proficiency with shortbow as weapon and implement, and a +1 per tier feat bonus to damage.

Moonbow Dedicate: it's enough to worship Sehanine, and it gives proficiency with shortbow as weapon and implement, and a +1 per tier feat bonus to damage.

Huh, I strongly recall there being a racial requirement in there because there was a long discussion about 'pure flavor' restrictions at one point that centered on that. I guess there must be another similar feat then, or maybe it actually got a tweak? Anyway, that's cool! Does kinda make the shortbow a little more interesting. Rather handy for anyone wanting to mix Rogue or Ranger with an implement.

pemerton

Legend
Huh, I strongly recall there being a racial requirement in there because there was a long discussion about 'pure flavor' restrictions at one point that centered on that. I guess there must be another similar feat then, or maybe it actually got a tweak?
I'm just reading from the downloaded PDF of Dragon 386, so I don't think it was tweaked.

But there could have been another feat - my knowledge of Dragon content is pretty thin.

ZickZak

Explorer
Huh, I strongly recall there being a racial requirement in there because there was a long discussion about 'pure flavor' restrictions at one point that centered on that. I guess there must be another similar feat then, or maybe it actually got a tweak?
You are probably thinking of Seldarine Dedicate, which is a Paragon Path Elf/Eladrin Cleric.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads