Can Dextyr Keep All These Strikers Alive? (DM: JoeNotCharles, Ozymandias79 Judging)

JoeNotCharles

First Post
The halfling looks around at the carnage and whimpers, "Please don't kill me! I've told you all I know! You don't even have to untie me, just leave me here!"

renau1g

First Post
Blade looks at the halfling, then at the others, shrugs and goes about inspecting the corses for anything of value, focusing on the warforged.

KenHood

First Post
As thus endeth the Battle of the Throbbing Taints.

Honestly, if I never see those two words together in another D&D game, I'll be a happy man.

---

Tonk retrieves his shuriken and bowie knife. Then, the half-orc turns his attention to Lilf.

"You SURE you no know no more, no?"

Insight (1d20+7=13) *grumble*

(Tonk makes sure his body occludes Mikara's line-of-sight on the halfling. Does anyone actually have to ask why? ;))

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Mikara stumbles over to her bow and picks it up.

"I vow on this day
that I will never again
allow you to fall."

Strapping the bow across her back, she manages to maker her way over to the warforged, leaving her dagger to rust in the ectoplasmic ooze that once was a fell taint.

She draggs her eyes over the metallic pieces that once threatened to tear her apart...

"Now who, I wonder,
sent you to this remote place,
and what do you have?"

[sblock=OOC:]
Perception: 1d20+10 = 12! Agh! Oh well, I'm not going to find anything that I wasn't meant to see.

Insight: 1d20+3=5! Two 2's in a row!
[/sblock]

She sits down cross-legged next to the arcane machine and cursorily inspects the mechanical pieces for valuables, and/or any clues as to his mission and master, but the mechanical construct is beyond her wild reckonning.

Perhaps some city half-breed would know more about this... thing.

"Dexyter!
Can you come here and decipher this contraption!?"

Last edited:

DMDanW

First Post
"Dextyr!
Can you come here and decipher this contraption!?"

At Mikaras call Dextyr walks over to examine the warforged.

"Hmmmmm" is all that Dextyr can say as he looks over the fallen forged.

He examines at the creation methods of the warforged to see if he can determine anything regarding the creation of this being (Arcana)

He looks over the body to perhaps gather some clue it may possess to help lead them to whoever it may have been working for. (Perception)

He then examines it for subtle details and telltale signs of where perhaps in Daunton this creature resided, or at the very least, where it may have been lately. (Streetwise)

[sblock=Rolls]
Arcana Check = 1d20+6 = Arcana Check (1d20+6=23)
Perception Check = 1d20+1 = Perception Check (1d20+1=16)
Streetwise Check = 1d20+9 = Streetwise Check (1d20+9=14)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

KenHood

First Post
Conditional Action (to expedite events)...
If Lilf knows nothing (or spills his guts and has nothing more to add), Tonk asks, "Okay! Back to number one question, yes? Is you go and give up be bad person? Maybe go back to church of god of dead and ask for to forgive because you try stop work of church, yes? And offer self as slave to church for to make up for bad? Is not bad deal: Slave eat every day and sleep in nice bed of straw. Little zink-zink man make good master, I think."

Insight (1d20+7=26)

If Lilf has sincere change of heart and gives up his wicked ways...
"It make me much happy for you! Here is food and little bit money for to help you get where you need go!" Tonk gives him two day's iron rations and 5 gp.

If Lilf is insincere or doesn't change his heart...
Tonk sighs. "It make me much sad you no be good person! Not everybody get number two chance at life!"

Then, Tonk smashes in his head with his mace.

Once Tonk finishes with Lilf...
He joins the others around the warforged's body.

[sblock=JNC Only][sblock=Really, this is ONLY for the DM...]After Tonk finishes with Lilf he joins the others in studying the warforged, but along the way, he uses sleight of hand to filch Mikara's dagger from the dead body. Then, he cleans the dagger and sneaks it back into her sheath. Thievery (1d20+9=29)[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=Blade]
The bandits are carrying battered and torn equipment. They look a little down on their luck. Nothing of interest.

The warforged is wearing a leather harness from which hangs a selection of pouches and tools - knives, flint and steel, canteen, a hunting horn, and a coil of leather straps which proves to be leashes for the dogs. From one of the pouches peeks a folded paper embossed with a wax seal, and strapped across its back is a giant bastard sword that gleams a strange grey-black. It matches the grey-black metal of its skeletal body.

Before you can look closer at the paper, Dextyr swoops in and grabs it.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Tonk]
Lilf's eyes dart slyly back and forth and he lowers his voice. "Ok, one more thing. Just for you. Let me go, and I'll tell you where to find my Magic Sneaky Boots! I won't need them any more anyways - I swear I'll change me ways! I'll go back and help my Aunt Allie in her flower shop like she always wanted!"

Your keen insight tells you that he's telling the truth, and also too dumb or terrified to really think through what he's talking about - he's clearly wearing the magic sneaky boots in question.

You let the halfling go - do you want to take the boots or let him keep them?

Oh, and Mikara doesn't notice anything.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mikara]
It's some kind of man made out of metal. How unnatural!

Also, Tonk has definitely not filched your dagger from the body, cleaned it thoroughly, and snuck it back in your sheath. In fact, he never even came near you.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Dextyr]
The warforged is wearing a leather harness from which hangs a selection of pouches and tools - knives, flint and steel, canteen, a hunting horn, and a coil of leather straps which proves to be leashes for the dogs. From one of the pouches peeks a folded paper embossed with a wax seal, and strapped across its back is a giant bastard sword that gleams a strange grey-black. It matches the grey-black metal of its skeletal body.

The warforged is clearly a one-off design, created for someone who wanted a particular aesthetic. It seems to have normal capabilities and construction, but put into a sleek, artistic casing. If it's local, it was probably built at the main forge in Daunton, commissioned by a private owner. But the symbol on its head has been gouged out - either it's left that owner's service and tried to obliterate the relationship, or at some point in the past it was tortured and defaced against its will. All you can see of the symbol suggests angular lines near the top and spiraling curves at the bottom.

The forged's body is splattered with mud and dirt. You suspect it's been living in the wild for days or weeks.

You pluck the note from its puch. It turns out there are two cylinders of paper closely wound together. The outer reads:

Reaper:

The quarry will be travelling southward down the trail leading to East Rock. I have arranged for some local bandits to delay them, but I doubt it will hold them long - they are hardened, merciless killers.

Your skills have been highly recommended to me. I have faith that you will succeed quickly.

-- JA

The inner reads:

PAY TO BEARER: 150,000 gold pieces for proof of death of:

Mikara Li Mesadh
Tristan Moonblade
Dextyr M'rgan
The revenant known as Blade
Tonk

This bounty may be claimed at the offices of Blorstrob, Eisenfeld & Grimm, number 3 Eisenstrasse, Daunton. First come, first served.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Tristan]
Although you're not paying much attention to what's going on, you can't help but notice the warforged is carrying a very interesting sword.
[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=OOC:]
JoeNotCharles: said:
Also, Tonk has definitely not filched your dagger from the body, cleaned it thoroughly, and snuck it back in your sheath. In fact, he never even came near you.

What the...?. [/sblock]

Remove ads