Can You Save The Kobayashi Maru?

The Kobayashi Maru -- the 'no-win" scenario that every Starfleet cadet must go through while somehow not knowing it's a no-win scenario, first appeared in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. And now you can take the test yourself for free in Star Trek Adventures! Test Your Mettle Against the Classic No-Win Scenario! Attention, cadets! Now is your chance to step up and attempt the most...

The Kobayashi Maru -- the 'no-win" scenario that every Starfleet cadet must go through while somehow not knowing it's a no-win scenario, first appeared in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. And now you can take the test yourself for free in Star Trek Adventures!

DTRPG STA-Kobayashi-Maru-Webstore.jpg

Test Your Mettle Against the Classic No-Win Scenario!

Attention, cadets! Now is your chance to step up and attempt the most important test of your Academy career. When a disabled freighter near the Klingon Neutral Zone sends out a distress signal, you and your crew must respond. How will you fare during the Kobayashi Maru scenario?

This standalone 15-page PDF adventure by Jo Kreil is for the Star Trek Adventures Roleplaying Game and is set during The Original Series era. This adventure also contains advice for adaptation for use in campaigns based in other Star Trek eras.

SavageCole

Punk Rock Warlord
Fantastic offering and well executed by Jo and team. Reading the scenario tempts me to invest in the product line — and I’m not much of a Trekkie.

Agree that this is a brilliant move by Modiphius.

How many of us have always wanted to challenge ourselves to the Kobayashi Maru? It's a ingenious way to hype interest in their game. Give away something a huge group will want to try, just to 'prove themselves' and then when they have a taste of your new system, many will convert to players.

I've played a one-shot STA, and it was lots of fun. Good system. Very promising.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads