• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Character Submission Thread

Halivar

First Post
On your advice, I got a javelin for 1 gp. I think I'm going to keep my skills as is. Being more versatile is always nice, but I don't think UMD really syncs with my character.

I also added PA to my falchion stats.

Thanks all! How many approvals are needed to clear a character?

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Watch out for the bartender, He seems to not be happy with a couple of the patrons. something about sneaking into the kitchen . . . . .

Aura

Explorer
Reviewing William Hunter
http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/William_Hunter_(SloppyJoe)

This is a non-judge review of Sloppy Joe's character, William Hunter. I don't generally directly edit your work unless I'm really sure it's just a typo or omission. Instead, I point out potential problems. Finally, I sometimes make mistakes, despite all good intentions. If so, just point it out.

A 6.5% sales tax will be added to New York customers.

Potential Problems:
* I get a cost of 6 gp for 3 normal daggers (you had 3 gp).
* I get a cost of 10.25 gp for 5 arrows with alchemal silver (you had 15 gp).
* I'm pretty sure the following skills are usable trained only: Linguistics, Sleight of Hand, Spellcraft and Use Magic Device.
* Similarly, the following seem to be lacking ACP modifier and should have it: Ride, Sleight of Hand, Stealth.

Notation Issues/Typos:
* You might want to note the Point Blank Shot bonuses in your Weapon Statistics section so it doesn't get forgotten.
* Although unusable at this point, I think the base for Use Magic Device should be 0 (Charisma modifier.)
* Fixed an apparent typo in Flatfooted AC where you mis-entered 4 pts from armor. The total is still correct.

Suggestions:
* You have an INT of 14 and may choose up to two other languages. BTW, Common is also Low Landellian, so don't pick that. :)
* My favorite arrow load for lowbie archers is 20 cold iron and 20 blunt silver. Options to hit just about anything, and never take a -1 damage for silver.

Commentary:
* Thistle Arrows seem seem to be allowed, although they seem a little over strong for the price compared to blood crystal arrows. I really didn't know they were in allowed sources until now.
* Ex-military characters are not as common, which I find odd considering it's a valid place to get combat training.
* I've been mulling a Sniper rogue, but never tried it. I have far more character ideas in my head than time to play. Sadness.

Anyway, NOT YET, but a few quick fixes and you'll be good.

Last edited:

SloppyJoe

First Post
Watch out for the bartender, He seems to not be happy with a couple of the patrons. something about sneaking into the kitchen . . . . .

Haha, thanks for the heads up ;-) !

Reviewing William Hunter

This is a non-judge review of Sloppy Joe's character, William Hunter. I don't generally directly edit your work unless I'm really sure it's just a typo or omission. Instead, I point out potential problems. Finally, I sometimes make mistakes, despite all good intentions. If so, just point it out.

A 6.5% sales tax will be added to New York customers.

Potential Problems:
* I get a cost of 6 gp for 3 normal daggers (you had 3 gp).
* I get a cost of 10.25 gp for 5 arrows with alchemal silver (you had 15 gp).
* I'm pretty sure the following skills are usable trained only: Linguistics, Sleight of Hand, Spellcraft and Use Magic Device.
* Similarly, the following seem to be lacking ACP modifier and should have it: Ride, Sleight of Hand, Stealth.

Notation Issues/Typos:
* You might want to note the Point Blank Shot bonuses in your Weapon Statistics section so it doesn't get forgotten.
* Although unusable at this point, I think the base for Use Magic Device should be 0 (Charisma modifier.)
* Fixed an apparent typo in Flatfooted AC where you mis-entered 4 pts from armor. The total is still correct.

Suggestions:
* You have an INT of 14 and may choose up to two other languages. BTW, Common is also Low Landellian, so don't pick that. :)
* My favorite arrow load for lowbie archers is 20 cold iron and 20 blunt silver. Options to hit just about anything, and never take a -1 damage for silver.

Commentary:
* Thistle Arrows seem seem to be allowed, although they seem a little over strong for the price compared to blood crystal arrows. I really didn't know they were in allowed sources until now.
* Ex-military characters are not as common, which I find odd considering it's a valid place to get combat training.
* I've been mulling a Sniper rogue, but never tried it. I have far more character ideas in my head than time to play. Sadness.

Anyway, NOT YET, but a few quick fixes and you'll be good.

Wow, that was fast ! Many thanks :)! I really hoped I had nailed it yesterday, but it seems that some of the things I altered before I went to bed, didn't get saved.

Comments on Suggestions:
God, how did I forget to pick languages :-/ !
A good suggestion but silver arrows are damn expensive. How is it you don't get the -1 damage penalty with silver blunt arrows?
Comments on Commentary:
* Thistle Arrows - Maybe I should present this issue in general discussion?
* Hehe, yeah, that is a bit odd :)
* Always been in love with the rogue class and didn't think it would be possible to make a ranged rogue successfully but, I learned recently that he can use "rogue talents" to gain some "ninja tricks", that would allow him to make more use of his sneak attacks ranged.

Anyways, taking a look at it now :).

Last edited:

SloppyJoe

First Post
Corrected my character sheet as requested and took Aura's advice with which arrows to buy. I also changed the name of the character to William Drake instead of William Hunter and made some minor adjustments to his background story.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do!

Aura

Explorer
Second Look: William Drake

Looks good. I made minor edits: including your trait in your initiative modifier (up to +6), making Linguistics trained only, a spelling thing or two, etc. Oh, and I made the name of your icon on the character list 'William Drake' (it was still Hunter) and moved you into the Dunn Wright Inn.

To answer your question on silvered weapons, the -1 damage penalty applies to piercing and slashing weapons. Although I usually find people make a mistake in the other way (not taking any damage penalty at all).

STAMP! William Drake has one non-judge APPROVAL. Feel free to introduce yourself in the DWI while a judge comes around for your final approval and a low level game is set up.

PS: Your character art looks good, but there is something about it pushing the stats out of view. I'm sure there is some formatting commands that will fix how things are lined up, but I don't know what they are.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Reviewing William Drake:

• Was a little confused about "Thieves' Kit" until I recognized it was "Thieves' Tools" and not the "Rogues' Kit." Changed the name . . .
  • Money looks off - I get a total of 133½ GP spent rather than the 113½ you list, leaving 16½ GP.

Everything else looks good to me. I liked your introductory post to the DWI - the guards outside were a nice touch.

I'm giving William his second APPROVAL, and his required Judge approval. I did not change his money - if you'd check my math and either make the correction or let me know I was dead wrong, I'd appreciate it! :p

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads