Character Submission Thread

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
We actually voted that down for Tieflings way back when they showed up in the Council of Thieves AP. I don't have time to go looking for the vote right now, though. I'd vote no again, and even more strongly now that the same thing is available for Aasimar. The lack of a negative stat makes the ability to cherry pick even more detrimental, IMO.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
We actually voted that down for Tieflings way back when they showed up in the Council of Thieves AP. I don't have time to go looking for the vote right now, though. I'd vote no again, and even more strongly now that the same thing is available for Aasimar. The lack of a negative stat makes the ability to cherry pick even more detrimental, IMO.
Heh, it certainly makes a difference to my character. I went and changed it and the end result is 2 less Strength, but I end up getting 13 more Skill Points

Aura

Explorer
Reviewing Melisande

Sorry to take so long getting this. High level characters make my eyes bleed a little. I'm going to old style (no direct edits) this review, because it's late and you can review and implement/contest my list of things to look at.

Things That Need Addressing
* I get current Lay on Hands as 12 -- 6 from level (round down), 4 from Cha, 2 from Feat.
* I see no requirement that Critical Focus be taken on a specific weapon (unlike Improved Critical).
* Climb and Swim should both total +2 -- 6 from Str, -4 from ACP.
* KS: nobility and KS: religion each seem to total +9/+11.

Notating and Formatting
* It’s a bit odd to think of having any particular number of uses of Channel Positive Energy. I recommend deleting the reference and just let the count on Lay on Hands handle it.
* The conditional Escape Artist bonus of +5 from your Corset could be added a la skill books.
* There's an extra semicolon at the end of your modifier line on Wis.

Commentary and Musings
* There is something about a +6 strength bow. No idea what it's made of.
* I guess a lance could be used 2H from horseback?
* Corset of the Non-existent Race--what would Venzans call this thing?
* Would all players be buying their Lesser Restoration scrolls from Paladins? Cheapest around at 25 gold, but I'd never thought about it.

Let me know on these and I'll stamp it.

GlassEye

Adventurer
* Would all players be buying their Lesser Restoration scrolls from Paladins? Cheapest around at 25 gold, but I'd never thought about it.

No, they would not. As per the wiki we had a discussion about this very thing. All consumables (potions, scrolls, wands) are crafted by wizards, clerics, or druids and use that costing unless the spell is not on any of those spell lists. This means that Melisande has underpaid for her scrolls of lesser restoration. [MENTION=88649]perrinmiller[/MENTION]

Aura

Explorer
Reviewing Aelspeth Noromiel
This is a judge review of Aelspeth. It is given in good faith; should you agree with any assessment let me know and we will work it out. Although I have a lot of practice, I do make mistakes. This said, the good news is I found no mechanical issues that require significant reworking on your part. Note the commentary and suggestions may lead you to minor changes.

Edits I made:
* Noted move is encumbered to 20’ while retaining base 30' move.
* Removed Dimensional Steps (you can copy/paste it from old version when you get to level 8).
* Edited Char_Info_DIV fields to reflect your character, so you appear normally on the Adventures page (instead of a Kalgor clone.)
* Corrected gold spent on directly carried gear to 268.68 gp and adjusted totals to reflect the change.

Suggestions and Comments:
* You don’t have to take +1 HP as your favored class bonus every level as implied by the way you wrote it. You can pick and choose as you level up.
* And you could have a longbow instead of a crossbow, if you like. Takes less time to reload and you have the money for it.
* We’re not sticklers for height/weight overall here at LPF, but I’d remind you at almost 6 feet tall, 101 pounds is going to look positively emaciated. (Human BMI equivalent of 13, where severely underweight starts at 17.5.) I’d go with the book recommended value of 111 pounds.
* The only place you refer to the horse’s name is ‘Total on Kasmir’, if you wanted to add it somewhere else.
* So is this horse pulling a cart and being ridden at the same time? I'm not sure if the tack and harness setups really allow for both. Additionally, I'm not sure if the horse is strong enough or how encumbered it might be, since you're mixing different types of loads.

Aelspeth has her first APPROVAL of two needed for regular LPF play. (With the caveat that it's unclear how you're intending to use your horse and if the horse is up to the task, but the horse, cart, and saddle are all legitimate purchases.) At one approval, you may enter the Dunn Wright Inn, interact with any PC's / NPC's there, and await the soon-coming low level adventure.

Remove ads