Character Submission Thread

Systole

First Post
For Daylily, I always thought a good chunk of his 8 Charisma came from his being somewhat abusive towards peasants, farmers, city folk, other elves, half-orcs, guardsmen, half-orc guardsmen, and on occasion little old ladies. Cavernous Hode is just awkward and off-kilter. Like, it becomes apparent within the first ten seconds that there is something seriously wrong with that dwarf.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
One of our early player/judges ran a character with a 7 charisma, and did a great job of it. He was such a jerk AF was apparently afraid he'd tick off not only the other characters, but their players as well. Kept apologizing OOC for his character's behavior. The interaction between him and Kalinn was really fun to write, showing that it can be done, and done well. But, in AF's words, Raynucio had "the social skills of a dead badger," and that was with a charisma of 7.

jkason

First Post
Well, yes, that's kind of my point. There are several folks whose social abilities are kind of deplorable but who are still available for good roleplaying. It's not the concept itself that bothers me (actually, he seems kind of fun, in that 'poor sot who can't help but get himself in trouble when he talks' kind of way). It's the mechanical extremity of it. Most of the examples are pretty extreme in the 'anti-social' spectrum for various reasons, and they were/are still two-three points higher in terms of CHA than Vorn. I just sort of think that, relative to them, Vorn would have to be SO horrible that I'm not sure I could buy he wouldn't be locked up / banished by any community he came into contact with for more than a quick monetary exchange for supplies.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
sort of an "I use an 88 magnum, it goes through schools." kind of personality? [that line came from johnny dangerously]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Well, yes, that's kind of my point. There are several folks whose social abilities are kind of deplorable but who are still available for good roleplaying. It's not the concept itself that bothers me (actually, he seems kind of fun, in that 'poor sot who can't help but get himself in trouble when he talks' kind of way). It's the mechanical extremity of it. Most of the examples are pretty extreme in the 'anti-social' spectrum for various reasons, and they were/are still two-three points higher in terms of CHA than Vorn. I just sort of think that, relative to them, Vorn would have to be SO horrible that I'm not sure I could buy he wouldn't be locked up / banished by any community he came into contact with for more than a quick monetary exchange for supplies.

Agreed - I was supporting this point. I also have a pretty strong bias against min/maxing, especially using CHA as the dump stat, though it's not as bad as it used to be. It's just way too easy to say my character's a total jerk with all the social charm of a . . . well, of a dead badger . . . and then not really play him that way.

jackslate45

First Post
Roleplaying low charisma is HARD. even now, I know for a fact i don't do it right 100% of the time. Having characters with low charaisma, i've tried to reflect each of those in a specific way, given their backgrounds.

Aradra was built as the loner, not really speaking much. That doesn't work well in a PBP setting, so I had to change it as Aradra grew concept and character wise. Now, he generally doesn't say anything during inital NPC enoucnters, but will talk to his team mates. Also, it was the first character i ever played with low charisma, so it took some time to get used to playing him the right way. Thankfully, most of what he's done so far adventure wise didn't require him to speak to people. If Aradra ever had to deal with a social party, he would go crazy...

Anaerion is the braniac who doesn't know how to releate to others. He tends to ramble alot, which really doesn't help when he has a chatty voice comming from apparent thin air that he converces with. So people are going to think he's crazy. Which, I have to admit, is super fun to write.

Tyrion is getting dumped after his current adventure. I liked the conecpt and the background for the guy, but never really cared for him like the other 2.

Boat Nectar

First Post
Gazrak Wyrmspeaker put forth for approval. Unfortunately since I'm a new forum member it won't let me post links :-/

you can find his page on the wiki under "waiting approval" however. Thanks!

Looking forward to playing with you guys!

Aura

Explorer
After days of registration difficulties, I finally have created an account. Ironically, it's just as I am preparing to go out for the day. Looks like a Hospitilar(Paladin arch) is strongest on my list of possible characters. I've never tried one.
Might as well ask a few questions that will effect my choices within that character:
(1) Does a reach weapon from a small character still have 2 square reach?
(2) How tough/technical are you guys on stowing weapons to use abilities then redrawing? Some are more strict than others.
(3) The Feat Extra Channel gives Paladins +4 Lay on Hands on the logic that Paladins pay 2 Lay on Hands per Channel. However, Hospitilars do not, they actually have their own pool of Channels like a Cleric. Does this mean the feat works normally, +2 Channels for them? (Not exactly a L1 question, but figured I'd ask now)

Thanks, see you soon.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases