Checking Interest in a PbP Game

William Smith1

Explorer
Problem with dual classing is the game would have to last 10 years before I might be able to switch classes. PbP games are VERY slow. And AD&D2 leveling is slow to begin with.

I'll think about joining. (when else can I dust off the old books?) Bard is the important part for me but by the book it can't multiclass. And if I dual class, once I leave bard, there's no going back.

Well we could modify the "original" Bard from 1st edition! :devil:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
I'm in. I prefer the older editions of D&D and am familiar with the City State of the Invincible Overlord. I ran a campaign here in it using BECMI once.

Greenmtn

Explorer
OK SO if we are going to do this, since options in this edition are limited by stats, give me a list of stats either in order or that I can arrange and I'll build a PC around that. Sounds to me like a fun exercise.

William Smith1

Explorer
Let's use method VI from the Players Handbook. All abilities start at 8, Roll 7d6 but keep track of each individual die. Add one or more dice to an attribute to get the score you want/need. No attribute can exceed 18. Keep in mind racial adjustments found further along in the book (p.20 in my physical book) and assign accordingly. For example Elves get a +1 Dexterity (and -1 constitution) so if you want an Elf with a Dexterity of 18 you only need to get it to 17 with the dice.

Let me know if you have any questions. I will have to figure out how to start the Thread to play in and how to restrict posting to it to only the players and myself if that is possible.

Will

Let me know if you have any questions. I will have to figure out how to start the Thread to play in and how to restrict posting to it to only the players and myself if that is possible.

You cannot restrict anything. But, in the Playing the Game forum, you will have moderator rights to a thread you start. So if someone posts something you don't like, you can edit or delete it.

Don't worry about starting that thread until characters are created. Instead, in this forum, once you start approving PCs, you create a rogue's gallery thread and players post their PCs there. Be sure to name the threads consistently. You can also rename this thread by editing the first post. Typical name should have the form: "name of campaign (OOC/Recruiting)" Remove the recruiting when appropriate. The other threads become "name of campaign (RG)" and "name of campaign (IC)". Some people prefix the name of campaign with their own name when they are running store bought campaigns to differentiate their Tomb of Horrors from someone else's Tomb of Horrors.

TallIan

Explorer
Just saw this and would like to throw my hat in the ring.

Been a while since I’ve played 2nd Ed, but it’s what I cut my teeth on so would be good to play a bit.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases