• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday XII is over... share the memories!

thalmin

Retired game store owner
GORAK said:
The organizer for the Aurora Meetup has already rescheduled her group to meet at Gameday XII. I did notify the Wheaton organizer and am hoping he will do the same. I will announce Gameday XII to the Berwyn group when we play again this Sunday. He is looking for new people to join the moose lodge anyway so he should be up to it after talking to the head moose, Bullwinkle.
Are they expecting any dedicated space for their meetups? If so, better check with me to see if we have any tables availabe. We would love to have them, but it will work only if we can fit them in.

buzz

Adventurer
Sqwonk said:
I will bring the box and guess slips. If we want to open this to all walkin folks- I should have them list their name rather than their ENWorld handle - right?
Probably a good idea. Thanks for doing this, Sqwonk!

William Ronald

Explorer
thalmin said:
Are they expecting any dedicated space for their meetups? If so, better check with me to see if we have any tables availabe. We would love to have them, but it will work only if we can fit them in.

It would be wise to have the Aurora and D&D Meetup Groups contact thalmin if they need space. Also, they could perhaps include a link to this thread on their websites so their members can preregister.

It might be wise for the GMs to make a few extra characters to handle walk-ins.

GORAK

First Post
Well, the extra space would not be a big deal so far as the confirmed Aurora group would only be 2-3 people and Wheaton has not responded but they would be the same 2-3 people or so. I will check with the Berwyn group this Sunday and see what the response is like. I will be making printouts of page 1 to hand out and telling then to signup on this thread so Buzz and Curt can monitor the traffic. I am expecting for an average of 5 people or so to show from all 3 groups but that could change too.
If the Berwyn group gets enough support for a possible large turnout to Gameday, I will tell their organizer to contact Thalmin thru this thread to accomodate the extra people.
Oh yeah, Buzz, I will tell the groups that they can bring stuff to donate to the prize pool.

buzz

Adventurer
GORAK said:
I will check with the Berwyn group this Sunday and see what the response is like. I will be making printouts of page 1 to hand out and telling then to signup on this thread so Buzz and Curt can monitor the traffic. I am expecting for an average of 5 people or so to show from all 3 groups but that could change too.
If the Berwyn group gets enough support for a possible large turnout to Gameday, I will tell their organizer to contact Thalmin thru this thread to accomodate the extra people.
Oh yeah, Buzz, I will tell the groups that they can bring stuff to donate to the prize pool.
GORAK, thanks for doing this! Your efforts are much appreciated. :cool:

William Ronald

Explorer
I plan to run a table for the Worldwide D&D Gameday on Nov. 5th. So, I will tell my players about the EN World Gameday. If anyone here is going to attend the Worldwide D&D Gameday, let everyone else know that we will have a good day of free gaming one week later.

Hopefully, we will see some more sign ups this weekend.

William Ronald

Explorer
Are there any other messageboards whre we should mention the Gameday?

I will try to mention it in a few places, and hopefully we will see some more activity soon. I imagine things are a bit slow as people are tired after celebrating the Chicago White Sox victory in the World Series.

Edit: I have mentioned the Gameday over at the Chicagoland D&D Forum. Hopefully, we can get some people from there over here.

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
I thought I would give this thread a much needed ---

BUMP!!!

We are two weeks out from the Gameday as of today, so I would urge people to pre-register for events.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads