• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday XII is over... share the memories!

FCWesel

First Post
William Ronald said:
Buzz, I know there were a few people who considered running games but decided against it. Perhaps it might be a good idea to see if anyone would like to run another event in Slot 2? (I realize that there is not much time, but perhaps someone could run an event -- propably with pre generated characters.)

I could drop out of your game Buzz and run a second game, like I had originally planned before giving my slot up for someone else to get a chance to run BUT with three games out of five (?) still open with seats still up for grabs I don't see a need to open a new game up.

Plus, if you offer a new game out of the blue and someone really wants to play that but is already listed in another game, then Buzz has to deal with "drop outs" and re-sign ups, which I am sure is a pain. (Folks should be able to play what they want, but GMs should have some security for their games at the same time.)

If those other three tables, including yours WR, fill up some then like I siad, I'd be happy to run something else. I USUALLY do run two games for Game Day, so it's nothing for me to do so.

William Ronald said:
Matty, sorry to see you go. I think you should e-mail Barendd to set up the Bionic Battle for the next Gameday! ;)

Hmmmmm....maybe Matt and I should co-run an event at a future gameday and let the players decide. :p

buzz

Adventurer
William Ronald said:
Buzz, I know there were a few people who considered running games but decided against it. Perhaps it might be a good idea to see if anyone would like to run another event in Slot 2? (I realize that there is not much time, but perhaps someone could run an event -- propably with pre generated characters.)
I'm in agreement with FC on this one. We're in the last week as of today, so, technically, nobody can drop or add an event at this point.

[highlight]GMs, please note the above statement. We are past the point of dropping events. No matter how many sign-ups we see in the coming week, please come prepared to run your event.[/highlight]

Should we get a rash of sign-ups in the coming week... good! :)

William Ronald

Explorer
buzz said:
I'm in agreement with FC on this one. We're in the last week as of today, so, technically, nobody can drop or add an event at this point.

[highlight]GMs, please note the above statement. We are past the point of dropping events. No matter how many sign-ups we see in the coming week, please come prepared to run your event.[/highlight]

Should we get a rash of sign-ups in the coming week... good! :)

It sounds good to me. (Maybe having an extra character or two might be a good thing for each GM to have on hand.)

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Der Spot said:
I've got a couple of questions for Curt to see if some things I've been wanting to grab will be there come Gameday. I believe every "yes" I can get is about another $40 Games Plus will make that day. First, do you have a game called Betrayal at the House on the Hill? It's a WotC: Avalon Hill game, Ninjacat and I are currently borrowing Reidzilla's but we need our own so we can give his back :D . Secondly, a Serenity RPG book, I'm pretty confident of the yes on that one. But thirdly is this: I heard from a friend that there is some kind of extra-nifty special edition of the Serenity book, in which case I'd like to get that one instead. Let me know what you can do, hopefully I won't be forced to give my money to your inferiors :( .
Sorry for the late replay, but I just got back from vacation. First, we carry Betrayal, I'll make sure we have a copy for you. Serenity we can handel, I'll check on the special edition for you tomorrow.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Ninjacat said:
Oop, that reminds me...

..Curt, any chance of Freedom City for M&M this time through?

And I assume you'll have M&M 2nd Edition in stock, yes?
I won't know until tomorrow about Freedom City, I'll set aside a copy of M&M for you.

Yort

First Post
Buzz, I'd like to sign up for Slot 2, Game 5 The Riled, Riled Rest.

This fills my day, which was just freed up today.(?) Certain agreements and oaths were taken to clear the whole day from any/all other duties on the home front, so in return I expect total enjoyment, pastrami subs, and the ability to purchase new gaming technology. Or old technology I just don't have yet. :D

buzz

Adventurer
Yort said:
Buzz, I'd like to sign up for Slot 2, Game 5 The Riled, Riled Rest.
Done!

Yort said:
Certain agreements and oaths were taken to clear the whole day from any/all other duties on the home front, so in return I expect total enjoyment, pastrami subs, and the ability to purchase new gaming technology. Or old technology I just don't have yet. :D
To explore strange, new rules...
To seek out pastrami, and possibly a side of fries...
To boldly go where gamers are sure to be, hopefully in time for the prize drawing.
:cues Gameday theme song*, if we had one:

*I have a mini-studio setup at home, so this may one day exist. Honest.

William Ronald said:
This means that there is an opening, if Joshua Dyal wishes, for Southern Exposure
Nope. I was already overbooked, so I'll just go back down to six. We'll miss you, though, Barendd! This was supposed to be "The Year of Cthulhu" with you and Quickbeam, though--now with both of you out...

Well, it'll still be "The Year of Cthulhu" as far as I'm concerned, but you'll still be missed. And you Jaws... d'oh! Shoulda read the whole thread before responding. Yes, I guess I do have a slot open after all.

William Ronald

Explorer
Joshua Dyal said:
Nope. I was already overbooked, so I'll just go back down to six. We'll miss you, though, Barendd! This was supposed to be "The Year of Cthulhu" with you and Quickbeam, though--now with both of you out...

Well, it'll still be "The Year of Cthulhu" as far as I'm concerned, but you'll still be missed. And you Jaws... d'oh! Shoulda read the whole thread before responding. Yes, I guess I do have a slot open after all.

To err is human, to forgive divine. Hmm, the Old Ones are divinities -- so this is appropriate.

Mind you, I am sure that you can find someone for Southern Exposure. For those who have not played a game with Joshua as either a DM or a player, he is a great player and GM. So, I think that the players in his game will have fun with a great DM and a good scenario.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads