Chicago Gameday XVI planning thread - Feb 24th: Head to the sign-up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

buzz

Adventurer
Barendd Nobeard said:
Alas, I will have to pass on this particular Gameday, as my son has a basketball game that morning.
You need to just hire a body double.

FCWesel

First Post
Buzz.

I will be running two events.

I would like the private room for the morning slot, and will take the tall-table in the far-back part of the room (by the back door) for my second, afternoon game.

What I will be running, I will post later.

buzz

Adventurer
FCWesel said:
What I will be running, I will post later.
Ooo! Mysterious.

The real question is... am I going to run something? Maybe if my copy of Wild Talents gets here in time...

I'm still pondering my availability (need to check various syllabi for courses at school) but for the time being, here's my tentative game for the morning slot...

Summer Road Trip
d20 Call of Cthulhu

It'll be a summer that you'll never forget...if you survive.

You've made it through four years of high school, if not longer together, and this summer was going to be your last blast before you all went your separate ways in college. You set out from home in a van with your five best friends for a two-week roadtrip full of drinking, having fun, and laying on the beach, and didn't have a care in the world. Then the thunderstorm came--one of the worst you've ever seen--and your van went flying off the road and into a tree.

Your van is totalled, your cell phones don't work, and the storm has drenched you to the bone. Even worse, you have a terrifying feeling that there's something hidden in the woods, watching you. Every step you take, you hear whispers over the roar of the storm. Could the rusted sign for "Forest City Amusement Park" pointing down an abandoned road lead you to at least a little shelter from the storm? Or will it only lead you to madness.

A game of modern horror for 6 players. Expect Sanity loss. And lots of it.

Annnnd... damn. Beaten to the punch by FCWeasel. Guess I'll sit wherever there's room. :)
(Unless of course he has an unfortunate "accident" and can't make it to the Gameday, letting me take his room..... *whistles innocently*)

Last edited:

Nev the Deranged

First Post
sounds like fun!

put me down as tentative for that morning Agon slot. you know how I dig the indie games.

well, okay, you probably don't know. but I do. so... there. or something.

yeah.

Nev the Deranged said:
sounds like fun!

put me down as tentative for that morning Agon slot. you know how I dig the indie games.

well, okay, you probably don't know. but I do. so... there. or something.

yeah.

You didn't read the rules. You can't sign up yet.

Now we aren't going to let you sign up at all :p

(Just kidding, you can still sign up. But look for the thread in a few weeks. :) )

Pbartender

First Post
buzz said:
I'm afraid your post has exceeded the allowed TEH AW3SOM3!!1 quota for this thread.

Wait for it...

THE IRON HEROES
vs.
THE TOMB OF HORRORS!

Game 1: The Iron Heroes vs. The Tomb of Horrors
Iron Heroes d20
Pbartender
[bq][imager]http://gameday.buzzmo.com/images/il.jpg[/imager]"ACERERAK CONGRATULATES YOU ON YOUR POWERS OF OBSERVATION. SO MAKE OF THIS WHATEVER YOU WISH, FOR YOU WILL BE MINE IN THE END NO MATTER WHAT!"

"Go back to the tormentor or through the arch, and the second great hall you'll discover. Shun green if you can, but night's good color is for those of great valor. If shades of red stand for blood the wise will not need sacrifice aught but a loop of magical metal - you're well along your march. Two pits along the way will be found to lead to a fortuitous fall, so check the wall. These keys and those are most important of all, and beware of trembling hands and what will maul. If you find the false you find the true and into the columned hall you'll come, and there the throne that's key and keyed. The iron men of visage grim do more than meet the viewer's eye. You've left and left and found my Tomb and now your soul will die."

This is an Iron Heroes d20 adventure for up to six 9th-level pre-generated characters. No experience required, but familiarity with D&D 3.5 is helpful.

Download an Iron Heroes Primer (.doc, 66 kB). Pre-generated characters coming soon.[/bq]

Last edited:

buzz

Adventurer
Trevalon Moonleirion said:
You didn't read the rules. You can't sign up yet.

Now we aren't going to let you sign up at all :p

(Just kidding, you can still sign up. But look for the thread in a few weeks. :) )
What Trev said! I'm guessing official sign-up will start at the beginning of Feb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases