• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Chris Perkins drops 2020 hint!

Coroc

Hero
No, it's going to be something people like about CoS that doesn't feature prominently in other properties. So, for example, we can deduce that it doesn't focus on Dragons, because he would have said "If you like Tyranny of Dragons..", it's not about Giants because "If you like Storm Kings Thunder...", It's not a mega-dungeon because "if you like Dungeon of the Mad Mage..." and so on.

You can also rule out Dragonlance because Chis is an "adventures" guy not a "rules" guy, and before you can do Dragonlance justice you need rules: Dragonlance specific races as a bare minuimum.

Well there you might have a point, although rule conversions for DL are nothing compared to conversions necessary for other settings (DS I am looking at you, my 5E homebrew true to 2e DS take on this did cost me some hard thinking on how to do it and I am still not sure on how to do psionics best).

Kender is just a Halfling with fear resistance instead of lucky and sleight of hand as inborn skill.
Imho you do not need draconians as a PC race (Because they are mobs) , but if you insist they can be deducted of Dragonborn somehow. Minotaur is a bit harder but reskin halforc and you are close.
What else do we have? Those Irda ogres, hope I did remember this correctly, well do we need these for the start? And the different elves are easy again.

Solamnic Knight is a bit tougher to do if you somehwow want to stay true, but somehow at wizards they think this is just another paladin oath or pruple dragon knight or cleric of paladine.
I disagree on all of that, they are iconic and certainly deserve their own character class, maybe a fighter with feats or so to depict the different orders.

So what else dragonlances, the melee damage they should deal requires a bit of brainstorming they certainly need to be toned down a bit, but maybe they act vorpal vs dragons or so.

Moon magic, this one is a bit harder, I would work with advantage neutral and disadvantage for spell saves and attacks here.

Ravenloft aka CoS only has been such a fast shot since they ignored loads of stuff , like spells which casting would be an act of evil inside Ravenloft, haven't read CoS but does it feature sinkhole of evil effects? like e.g. turning undead with disadv. etc. Also is there something like the powers check still? There was some UA about fear and horror checks, I used this in my own ravenloft campaign and it worked out quite well.

Knights were a base class in Dragonlance in AD&D 2nd Ed. (Krynn Monster Compendium) and later in 3.5 PH II.

Kenders are fun, but sometimes being too fun become annoying.

* Vladimir Ludzig is a vampyre (living bloodsucker) from a (unknown) world in the material plane. His world ,and crystal sphere, may be a perfect scenery for a "post-apocalypse" setting.

1573644034615.png

* How would be the half-fiendish dragons in Ravenloft?

* Ravenloft isn't a Buffy vampire slayer in the XIX century, nor even only a Game of Thrones with fangs, claws and ghosts. It is about our within enemy, when the hero may be tainted by the dark side of the force. It is also evil guys suffering an ironical punishment or a poisonous reward. It isn't only to fight hordes of undeads but also investigation to discover the murder or to stop the ritual by a secret cult.

* The araks, the faes from the Shadowrift need a remake to can be the nightmare, nemesis, of monster PCs.

* Sometime I have imagined time loops in some terror islands, where everybody dies but after they everybody come back to the past without memories of the "future". Only visitors from outer can notice, if they can survive and come back later.

* If you study ecology you will know what happen when there are too many predators and not enough preys. In the lands of the mists the sentient creatures are the preys, and then the DMs can't add too many predators. We should take care about the number of monsters among humanoids because if they hunt too much, then.... something like a demographic crisis.

1573645670027.png

1573644799606.png

1573645098099.png

1573646147809.png

1573646245156.png

1573646323941.png

1573646553771.png

Parmandur

Book-Friend
No, it's going to be something people like about CoS that doesn't feature prominently in other properties. So, for example, we can deduce that it doesn't focus on Dragons, because he would have said "If you like Tyranny of Dragons..", it's not about Giants because "If you like Storm Kings Thunder...", It's not a mega-dungeon because "if you like Dungeon of the Mad Mage..." and so on.

You can also rule out Dragonlance because Chis is an "adventures" guy not a "rules" guy, and before you can do Dragonlance justice you need rules: Dragonlance specific races as a bare minuimum.

None of those are safe deductions. No special rules are needed for a Dragonlance reprint, as the original modules did not have any.

None of those are safe deductions. No special rules are needed for a Dragonlance reprint, as the original modules did not have any.
A hint is something that points you in the right direction. If it points you in the wrong direction (even if being factually correct) then it isn't a hint at all, it's a Red Herring.

There is no such thing as an absolutely safe deduction. "The Sun will come up in the morning" is not an absolutely safe deduction. So you have to work with deductions with a reasonable confidence interval. If you didn't you would never be able to get up in the morning.

As for reprinting the Dragonlance modules without any special rules (some of which where in the modules - kender race for example): I can't see any Dragonlance fans being happy with that, never mind CoS fans (and Chis Perkins wouldn't ether - he is not an idiot). And a reprint wouldn't need a writer, so Chis Perkins wouldn't be working on it.

So you can throw up "if" this and "but" that, but the truth is your objections are irrational: sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

generic

On that metempsychosis tweak
A hint is something that points you in the right direction. If it points you in the wrong direction (even if being factually correct) then it isn't a hint at all, it's a Red Herring.

There is no such thing as an absolutely safe deduction. "The Sun will come up in the morning" is not an absolutely safe deduction. So you have to work with deductions with a reasonable confidence interval. If you didn't you would never be able to get up in the morning.

As for reprinting the Dragonlance modules without any special rules (some of which where in the modules - kender race for example): I can't see any Dragonlance fans being happy with that, never mind CoS fans (and Chis Perkins wouldn't ether - he is not an idiot). And a reprint wouldn't need a writer, so Chis Perkins wouldn't be working on it.

So you can throw up "if" this and "but" that, but the truth is your objections are irrational: sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
And sometimes, a cigar is made of rubber, loaded and explosive, scattering us near and far... :)

My point is that it is irrational to assume that Dragonlance is more likely than any other book or adventure simply by virtue of the mention of CoS.

Because Perkins did not mention the Hickmans, it seem somewhat illogical, to me, to assume that what he meant was "Dragonlance is on the horizon".

Additionally, do not condescend to other posters by informing them of their logical fallacies and utterly dismissing their thoughts.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Er, Yes. Dragonlance is by the Hickmans and Margret Weis.

(edit, wrong first name, Rachel is the actor from The Mummy).

DL8 (Dragons of War) has both Hickmans credited. And it's pretty well known that the development of Dragonlance began when both Hickman's were driving from Utah to Wisconsin, discussing together concepts for the Dragonlance universe.

No cookie for you.

Unrelated, @LuisCarlos17f , I get you're excited to speculate but please stop spamming images all over this thread, it's detracting rather than bolstering your statements.

Remove ads