D&D Movie/TV Chris Pine tells Gamesradar+ he's "pretty confident" Honor Among Thieves sequel will happen

Reynard

Legend
Back on topic, I hope they do make sequels! If any IP is made for many adventures to be told about the same characters, it's D&D. I think, honestly, Fast & Furious is a good model for this. They could grow an expanding cast of characters pulled into fantasy hijinks.
I'd like to see "cameos" of famous dungeons. Like, you wouldn't do a whole movie of Tomb of Horrors, but it would be fun as a stinger or flashback.

Some times in the past I said a Ravenloft movie is one of the best options for an action-live movie for the no-fandom audience. Even it could be set in a place with modern technology, something style serie "From".

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Let me take a moment and explore that thought. If Frodo were portrayed as an Elf in the Lord of the Rings movies, why would that not be a similar issue?

Mod Note:
Because real-world people have been murdered, assaulted and abused for what they are.

This reads as trivializing the suffering born by those real people. It is perhaps time for you to take a break from this discussion to give you time to absorb how this looks to others.

Stormonu

Legend
Oooh I'd love a Ravenloft movie! Or a series, actually.
As much as I love Ravenloft, I think general audiences would pan it as a Dracula wanna-be If it focused on Strahd/Barovia. A tour de force of the Dread Realms would probably do better, but hopping from place to place and lord to lord could easily become confusing.

I really, really want to see a good Dragonlance - HAT is proof they could do it. I’d prefer a TV series, with about 6 episodes per “book”, as it‘d be tough to pack one book per movie - even Weiss and Hickman had to go back to do a second book for each of the original trilogy books to flesh out the full story.

Pod people Tim Burton is making Beetlejuice 2?
Sigh, unfortunately, yes. I hope I'll be proven wrong in my pessimism.

No, no ,no the Simon and Doric characters were so weak they can not carry a whole film.

Sophia Lillis has shown that she can act in other roles. I suspect a lot of Doric's signature moments being while she was wildshaped took away from her performance, as cool as they were.

As much as I love Ravenloft, I think general audiences would pan it as a Dracula wanna-be If it focused on Strahd/Barovia. A tour de force of the Dread Realms would probably do better, but hopping from place to place and lord to lord could easily become confusing.

That is the thing about a lot of Ravenloft's baddies - they're reskins on famous monsters. Still, if you look off the beaten path, you've got some cool choices. However, then the difficulty is ensuring that the movie still feels like a D&D movie. Dance of the Dead could make a cool movie, but would it feel like D&D?

Remove ads