Chuck might be back by the end of the month!!!!

BrooklynKnight

First Post
Yes!

If we get "lucky" NBC might bring back Chuck by the end of the month instead of in March.

According to io9, NBC's Suit's arent to happy with what they have in the lineup and might actually give up till next year. They canceled Southland for some weird reason and Trauma might be next. Though that should have been canceled before it even aired, blech.

Anyway, with nothing else in the pipeline to hold up their ratings they might bring back Chuck by the end of the month, and if THAT happens they might order another 13 episodes bringing the season to 26.

That would be uber awesome. HOWEVER, IMO this may be a double edged sword. If we get Chuck now, even if they decide to go in for another 13 eps, we might not get a 4th Season at all. They might expect higher numbers then in the spring.

io9 said:
With ratings falling for their hit shows, returning series canceled before the first episode of their second season and rumors of the network writing off the majority of their primetime line-up, are NBC's current woes good news for Chuck? Following the surprise cancellation of critical hit/ratings survivor Southland earlier this week, the storm clouds have seemed to be gathering over the peacock network, with NBC insiders not only suggesting that much-hyped new medical drama Trauma is next, but also that the network has pretty much given up until the end of the year:
The insiders are even going so far as to give up on the rest of the primetime schedule for their network. "There's nothing watchable the rest of the year." Even midseason and spring of 2010? "Nothing watchable the rest of the season," I'm told.
According to Entertainment Weekly's Michael Ausiello, however, this is good news for fans of Chuck:
...Chuck's third season might get to premiere sooner than the March date that's been bandied about thus far. "How much sooner" you ask? As early as late October, my moles tell me... But wait, there's more. If Chuck does come back sooner rather than later, the chances of NBC ordering additional episodes beyond the 13 it initially commissioned increases dramatically.
Considering the beating the network is taking in terms of ratings, an average second season audience for the show would now be seen as a win for NBC, meaning that an increased season order would definitely be more likely.
Chuck is still, officially, due to return in 2010.

GrayLinnorm

Explorer
I certainly hope they're bringing back Chuck. I need something to watch Monday at 8:30 p.m.

Seriously, anybody with an Intelligence of 10 knew that putting an hour of Jay Leno on primetime every night was a bad idea.

And I'm still mad at them for cancelling My Name Is Earl after a cliffhanger.:mad:

Remove ads