D&D 5E Clickbait we didn't fall for: "Wizards is copying Critical Role"

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
Wizards of the Coast is releasing a new D&D novel series. This is unusual, as there haven't been many novels is the 5e era. In it a party of five adventurers travel together, adopt a party pet and you know -- all that traditional D&D stuff.

AND YET

There are websites out there insisting that this is copying Critical Role. Clickbaity YouTubers and websites (that I won't link because they don't deserve attention) are generating revenue off of the idea that these completely normal D&D novel and game things were invented by Critical Role.

Oofta

Legend
Wizards of the Coast is releasing a new D&D novel series. This is unusual, as there haven't been many novels is the 5e era. In it a party of five adventurers travel together, adopt a party pet and you know -- all that traditional D&D stuff.

AND YET

There are websites out there insisting that this is copying Critical Role. Clickbaity YouTubers and websites (that I won't link because they don't deserve attention) are generating revenue off of the idea that these completely normal D&D novel and game things were invented by Critical Role.
Yeah, I saw that and thought perhaps they were doing something with streaming. A novel? Completely unrelated.

Scribe

Legend
I mean...characters, forming a group, and doing things? How much of Critical Role was even around for this. :D

dragonlance-chronicles-books.png

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
Wow that description sounds awful. A Cleric who still gets spells despite no specific deity? An Otyug who likes to giving hugs?

Ill still check it out and it may surprise me, but reads more like a book for kids.

Remove ads