D&D 5E [Closed] D&D5th Against the Slavelords

Cathmore

First Post
I am currently putting my character together but having some difficulty choosing his background. Noble doesn't quite fit, he was an unknown bastard who eventually joined the household but was always held at arms reach.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
I am currently putting my character together but having some difficulty choosing his background. Noble doesn't quite fit, he was an unknown bastard who eventually joined the household but was always held at arms reach.
You said he is a huntsman, right? Outlander might fit.

GreenKarl

First Post

With you want to mix it up a bit I am open it creating your own or modifying on so long as it is comparable with other backgrounds

Cathmore

First Post
I am thinking something like:

Skill Proficiencies: Insight and Survival
One Musical Instrument Proficiency
One Language
Equipment of a Noble
Outlander Wanderer Feature

Cathmore

First Post
I made him an archer, but looking at the other characters we don't seem to have much in the way of frontliners. Perhaps I should change him up?

[sblock=Cedric White, Bastard Ranger]Name: Cedric White
Class and Level: Ranger (Hunter) 5
Background: Bastard
Race: Human
Alignment: Chaotic Good
XP: 6500

STR 8
DEX 18
CON 12
INT 12
WIS 16
CHA 8

Proficiency Bonus: +3
Initiative: +4
HP: 39 (5d10+5 CON)
Speed: 30
AC: 16
Spell Save DC: 14
Languages: Common, Elvish, Gnomish

Human Features:
Bonus Feat (Sharpshooter)
Bonus Skill Proficiency (Acrobatics)
Bonus Language (Elvish)

Ranger Features:
Favored Enemy (Beasts)
Favored Terrain (Forest)
Fighting Style (Archery)
Primeval Awareness
Extra Attack

Hunter Features:
Colossus Slayer
Escape the Horde

Background Features:
Wanderer
Musical Instrument Proficiency (Lute)
Bonus Language (Gnomish)
Insight and Survival Proficiency

Proficiencies:
Acrobatics, Insight, Nature, Perception, Stealth, Survival
Light armor, medium armor, shields
Simple and martial weapons
Str and Dex saving throws

Feats:
Sharpshooter

Longbow
Attack: +9 Hit: 1d8+4

Longbow Sharpshot
Attack: +4 Hit: 1d8+14

Spells Known:
Hunter's Mark
Goodberry
Longstrider
Spike Growth

Spells/day
4 1st
2 2nd

Equipment:
Longbow
40 Arrows
Studded Leather
Rapier
Shield
Component Pouch
Explorer's Pack
Lute
2 Potions of Healing
400gp

Personality Trait:
-I am driven by a wanderlust that led me away from home
-Despite my noble birth, I do not place myself above other folk. We all have the same blood.

Ideal:
-Independence. I must prove that I can handle myself without the coddling of my family.

Bond:
-I will face any challenge to win the approval of my family.

Flaw:
-There's no room for caution in a life lived to the fullest.[/sblock]

And I suppose I will roll for my trinket as well!
[roll0]

GreenKarl

First Post
Great... hmm as for the number of front line fighters... well the group does seem a bit short - you have a barbarian, a front line cleric type and the bladeslinger. So 3 front-line types and 4 range/sneaking around types ... up too you.

Also don't forget your magic item items. I will set of OCC tomorrow and the IC also... just need to organize some of my stuff also. Looking good though

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Updated:

Scotley – male Human Arcane Trickster Rogue Squire (Kelvyn Black)
Zeromaru – male Elf Bladesinger Mercenary (Alegast)
ForgedFury – male Human barbarian Gladiator (Brak Blood-Bear)
Cathmore – male Human Hunter Ranger Custom: Bastard (Cedric White)
3SpdDragster – male Human Rogue/Warlock Charlatan (Grigor Marsk/Evendur Buckman)
BlueLotus - male Human Wizard Sage (Levanna)
KahlessNestor – male Human Life Cleric Noble (Tirion Cayde)

Looks like we’re good to go.

Scotley

Hero
Okay, gonna go with the Crossbow feat. Being able to fight with a ranged weapon in melee seems like a good idea given the shortage of front line fighter types. Might pick up dungeon delver if he lives to 8th. Magic item wish list would include:

armor or protective item
crossbow
rapier
goggles of the night
gloves of thievery

BlueLotus

Explorer
I'm looking at the Suggestion spell that I took. To me, as a wizard, this represents a mystical ability to subtly and verbally influence others that works similarly to the "trust aura" the Doctor seems to have or Gandalf's meddling, especially since a target of the spell does not know that he or she has been magically charmed (as they are in the Charm Person spell). Could Levanna work the spell like that? Have the verbal component be the opening suggest and the material component replaced by her arcane focus, her staff, as usual?

It seems like that's the way the spell works regardless, once the spell is cast, for 8 hours of concentration. But I'm asking if Levanna could initially cast the spell as part of a conversation without anyone knowing what has happened.

Remove ads