• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

combos

samb1230

First Post
anyone have any combo that make their DMs scream? This is not a optimal build type thread, just simple 1-2 combos that make you able to deal with monsters well over your level.
Here are some that I have see/used in my campaigns, i am mainly a rogue and psi warrior so most of my combos have that flavor:

1) hamstring + spring attack: cut their speed and run while shotting arrows at them. Slow and not flashy but effective for rogues in a duel.

2) death urge + deja vu: I think i saw this combo on these boards..... our psion tried this last week after he got his level and really made our DM mad when he killed a boss NPC 5 levels higher than using only these two powers. The rest of us took out his minions and got easy xp out of it. It didn't help that he kept saying 'why are you hitting yourself (again)?" everytime he did it. Deja vu is now like his favorite move....

3) admantine weapon + focused sunder: A rather new combo of mine. This combo makes you able to break almost anything in the game. Focused sunder cuts hardness in half while admantine weapon ignores hardness under 20. Which means that even a +5 admantine item would be cut like butter in the face of this combo. A bunch of other feats/powers will make this even more potent but this is really the meat of it.

4) improved crit + (anything that needs crits to activate): very old, very easy, very effective combo. When the effect in question is something like "add sneak attack damage" (ie telling blows) then you have a very potent combo indeed. Natrually a power critical is nice also.

5) Cloak dance + huslte: Basically a hide in plain sight but you don't have to be a shadowdancer or assassin to get it. Use a full action to gain total concealment, use hustle to move to desired location and hide.

6)psionic mediation + hustle: the things you can do with hustle..... anyway this combo let you always have psionic focus which you need for feats like deep impact, focused sunder, psionic weapon to name a few.

Drowbane

First Post
7) Invincible Psion

Part 1) Psi-Crystal Affinity (feat) + Vigor (1st lvl power) + Share Pain (2nd lvl power): Manifest Share Pain (you and Psi Crystal), manifest Vigor (wildsurge makes this even better) for max points, shared with your Psi Crystal.

Part 2)
As above; Warforged Race + Psionic Repair Damage (3rd lvl power): Now you can heal yourself (and your Psi Crystal) as well or better than a Cleric.

I had a Warforged Psion who was pretty much untouchable with this combo. To make it worse he would manifest Astral Constructs (which looked like various Warforged he once knew).

8) gestalt Wilder | Crusader
Using the above combo with the Crusader's ability to delay a certain amount of damage to self every round... sounds fun. Haven't tried it yet.

9a) Chained (feat) Avasculate (high level necro spell that makes you lose 1/2 HP)
9b) Twinned (feat) Avasculate

10) Wild Summoner
Wild Surge + Astral Construct. iirc, by wilder level 11 you can manifest at 9th power level. A Huge Construct.

Last edited:

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
Pounce + flight + anything that lets you turn during a charge. It's the make a full attack anywhere combo.

It gets much much nastier if you have some way of getting double damage on a charge, like claw attacks or raptorans/dragonborn with piercing weapons. Last time I used this combo, I took out a CR 20 daelkyr at level 15 in one round before anybody even got a chance to move. :D
-blarg

Remove ads