• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Comic Books: What are you reading?

Nellisir

Hero
New this week for me: X-Men, All-New X-Men, Wolverine & the X-Men, Uncanny X-Men, Uncanny X-Force, Avengers Arena.
Also got House of M: No More Mutants and House of M: Wolverine/Iron Man/Hulk in the mail today.

I gotta say, I love Illyana Rasputin. It seems like the easiest cliche to fall into, to make her Darkchilde persona some nasty villain a la Death Gambit or Archangel, but they never do it. She's never evil. Brutal, pragmatic, expedient, yes. But heart and soul, she's a child of Xavier's dream.

I read most of the usual super hero suspects, but there are a few stand outs among the more sci-fi/fantasy inclined stuff. Atomic Robo of course is great, so is mouse guard. Saga is very good. Unwritten is an amazing read, go get the trades! Also Hickman's East of West is a must read! I'm also looking forward to the upcoming, The Star Wars. Based on Lucas' original outlines. It looks to be a very different and interesting look at what could have been.

Nellisir

Hero
Slim pickin's this week. X-Men Legacy, What if: A vs X, and Avengers. Also picked up X-Men Legacy: Five Miles South of the Universe TPB.

Knightsky42

First Post
Marvel
Hawkeye
Fearless Defenders
Thor, God of Thunder
Daredevil
Young Avengers
Powers

DC
All-Star Western
Legion of Super-Heroes
Demon Knights
Fables
Fairest
Astro City

Dark Horse
Hellboy
B.P.R.D.
Conan The Barbarian
Ghost
Dark Horse Presents
The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys

​Image
The Walking Dead
East of West
Saga
Fatale
Mara
Clone
Storm Dogs

IDW
The Rocketeer
Half Past Danger

Dynamite
The Shadow
The Shadow: Year One
The Spider

Other Publishers
Rachel Rising
The Sixth Gun

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
I'm not reading anything current. I've been on a Batman kick so I've been reading random graphic novels of his that I get from the Library. Most of them are from the past 20 years. I've also read through all the Birds of Prey and Batgirl the library has as I really enjoyed those story lines. The characters are more fun that what usually appear in Gotham.

The frustrating thing with the Library is not having access to everything. It seems lots of times I won't get the introduction of a new character or the exit. Also, events like No Man's Land that lasted seemingly forever they have some of but not all of. My other complaint is just not having any idea what I should read next. There rarely seems to be an obvious graphic novel to read after one I read that I liked. It's a little tougher to get a coherent story that spans five graphic novels when they don't tell you what the order is or even what the other titles are.

I used to read 40 titles a month plus misc. limited series and test samplings. Now at 4 dollars a book I rarely buy stuff. Ever since the original Valiant books ended I kinda stopped reading anyway.

Still look at various TPB every so often. Trying the new valiant stuff. Good but not the 90's stuff.

Still messing around with writing / drawing my own stuff

Nellisir

Hero
Huh. Resurrected thread.

Anyways, I'm down to Uncanny X-Men, which should be finishing its current run this week or next week; and All-New X-Men, which I think is also ending. From what I've heard of the post-Secret Wars X-Men, I'm not interested. So no more monthly issues (thirty years is enough, right?). I'll pick up TPBs of older things I missed or want collections of.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads