D&D General Comic Relief Plays D&D

British comedians Nish Kumar, Sue Perkins, Ed Gamble and Sara Pascoe will be playing Dungeons & Dragons on Friday, 8th May at 7pm, rising money for charities responding to the effects of the coronavirus pandemic. The DM will be Paul Foxcroft of Questing Time. Elves, warlocks and… stand up comedians? Join Nish Kumar, Sue Perkins, Ed Gamble and Sara Pascoe as they delve into the imaginary...

British comedians Nish Kumar, Sue Perkins, Ed Gamble and Sara Pascoe will be playing Dungeons & Dragons on Friday, 8th May at 7pm, rising money for charities responding to the effects of the coronavirus pandemic.

The DM will be Paul Foxcroft of Questing Time.

95454325_10158413673999455_667695336663285760_o.jpg

Elves, warlocks and… stand up comedians? Join Nish Kumar, Sue Perkins, Ed Gamble and Sara Pascoe as they delve into the imaginary world of Dungeons & Dragons for Comic Relief. You can join us live on Tiltify, and vote in polls to influence the hilarious outcome of their quest! Friday 8th May 7PM.

Donate and help raise some money towards charities that urgently need support to respond to the devastating impacts of the coronavirus pandemic.

EW3OMdXWsAACw1j

I asked them about the tone of the show, and Sue Perkins was awesome enough to reply.

Sue also tweeted here about the event:

Comic Relief itself also answered:

As did Sara Pascoe:

ccooke

Adventurer
They've chosen their market -- young (20-something) Americans. If you're older or not American, you're welcome to buy their stuff, but they aren't factoring you in.

I think it's far more accurate to say that they have limited resources and have chosen to focus on the safest areas with the best expectations of return.

Think about where the money that they could be spending is going instead. Right now, I would say that's going into streaming, games and the movie. All of those things will work as marketing in the US, but also work to sell the game workdwide, particularly in the English speaking world.

On the other hand, I will be disappointed if, should the movie do well, they don't take some advantage of it to increase their marketing afterwards.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Chris Lindsay was at UK Expo last year, as an official from WotC.

I meant a presence in the exhibit hall. DDAL is a very small percentage of D&D players. They need to be visible to new people not just the core church. And they need the core design team there.

darjr

I crit!
I meant a presence in the exhibit hall. DDAL is a very small percentage of D&D players. They need to be visible to new people not just the core church. And they need the core design team there.
I dint think they do that in the US. There wasn’t one at either of GaryCon or Gameholecon, but they were everywhere and approachable. Not sure they have one at Origins and I don’t think at Winter Fantasy, not sure though.

Remove ads

Remove ads