coming at some point to a theater near you

aco175

Legend
I recall burning the crap out of my hands on this when I was little. Might as well make a movie about it, how nostalgic.

1688590861383.png

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Seriously - all those lame IPs are getting a film but not one of their absolute classics? Just use the Marvel comic as an inspiration; it was fantastic!
It seems like the rights to the toys and the comics are separate, unfortunately. The most recent comics (I want to say from IDW) had to invent totally new characters and settings, for instance, while Bug and company have shown up a few times in recent years in Marvel comics without using the M-word.

Mad_Jack

Legend
I'd say that I kinda want Hot Wheels to just be Fast & Furious (with the same cast) in tiny cars, but that implies I want it as a movie at all.

I'd watch two hours of Vin and the rest of the FF cast sitting around destroying actual Hotwheels cars...

Where's my Micronauts movie?

Damn Skippy! Hell - they've already laid all the groundwork for it in the MCU...

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Or you can pull a community, where the timeline splits based on what the magic 8-ball showed you. And we see the same characters go through like 5 different variations on the same plot, based purely on the difference in the magic 8 ball answer.
That would be better, but the romcom idea could be shot in a matter of days on a shoestring budget, which would be appealing to lots of studios.

MarkB

Legend
Or you can pull a community, where the timeline splits based on what the magic 8-ball showed you. And we see the same characters go through like 5 different variations on the same plot, based purely on the difference in the magic 8 ball answer.
Or do it like Two-Face from Batman, with a criminal who decides victims' fates based upon the 8-ball's prognostications.

Zardnaar

Legend
This is the only movie here that might have promise, everything else just seems vapid to me. I'm sure they are probably out there and I just don't search them out but I cant remember the last time there was a mainstream movie that was an original idea/story and not based on a sequel, reboot or an existing product line.

Bullet Trai ? Great movie adapted from a novel though.

Remove ads