Coming in May: Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes! [UPDATED!]

If there’s planar information, as this seems to imply (along with the orrery-like art in the mock-up), I’ll be all-in.

Those runes look familiar, too. Have we seen them before?

Edited to add: Although, now that I think about it, the term multiverse, and the Greyhawk reference, could also mean it’s about settings other than the Realms, not necessarily the planes.

Discover the truth about the great conflicts of the D&D multiverse in this supplement for the world's greatest roleplaying game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Also, this sounds like a DM-only monster manual expansion, rather than a setting book or player-usable book like Volo's.

This would surprise me, since it would limit the sales. It if is multi-planar, as it sounds, I am betting there will be new sub-races and sub-classes and maybe feats and spells as well, all presented with their preferred setting as well as being usable in any D&D world.

hawkeyefan

Legend
Okay....so there are already product descriptions that give us a good idea. Not an NPC guide as I guessed based solely on the name, but more of a mix of a planar guide and a planar monster manual.

Very cool! Sounds like it will detail things like the Blood War and other planar conflicts.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Based on recent D&D Beyond interviews, I’m expecting we’ll get info on the Gith vs. Illithid conflict, the Corellon vs. Gruumsh vs. Lolth conflict among others. New Race options ate mentioned, which I’m sure means the Gith race and various elf subraces that we’ve seen in UA. Fingers crossed that one of the conflicts covered is Eberron’s Last War, which would be an excuse to get Warforged in an official published product at least, and maybe some other Eberron races as well. I would be thrilled if Nentir Vale’s Dawn War gets a mention. That would actually be a good excuse for them to include the Shadar-Kai, since they really have little to no connection to the Corellon/Gruumsh/Lolth conflict but are closely tied to the Raven Queen, who is from that pantheon originally.

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases