• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Complete Champion excerpts

Cthulhudrew

First Post
Razz said:
How the heck am I supposed to alter the Mythic Exemplar prestige class to fit in the Forgotten Realms? Is there a Realms-adaptation for it or something? Please make prestige classes more generic in flavor and less campaign-specific. Maybe I don't want to introduce the Disciples of Legend in my Realms game, there's a hell of a lot of organizations established in the Realms as it is.

It seems pretty generic to me. If you feel the Realms are somehow too overcrowded to fit in a six member group, why not just sub the names for an existing group?

Last edited:

Mercule

Adventurer
Overall, I think I may have to pick up this book. It definitely seems to have more to it than Complete Divine. Of course, that's not hard. Still, it's nice to see.

Razz

Banned
Banned
Cthulhudrew said:
It seems pretty generic to me. If you feel the Realms are somehow too overcrowded to fit in a six member group, why not just sub the names for an existing group?

Sort of. It's generic in that it's not rooted in anything existing in any campaign setting, but it sure would be nice if they have a Forgotten Realms adaptation paragraph to it.

Sticking it in Greyhawk is easy (since it's the dump-grounds for new material) and sticking it in Eberron is easier because of their lax religions and the fact that's still a brand new setting that could use extra fleshing out.

Forgotten Realms, however, already has most things well placed. At least in Faerun. I could adapt the prestige class to something borderline or outside Faerun, maybe the members coming from Estagund, Semphar, or maybe even Ulgarth.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Well, given we haven't seen the full text yet... Yay! I so love this new feat.

I suspect that - given other healing restrictions - it may only be usable if the PC is half hp or less, or 1/hour/PC... but even if it doesn't have any restrictions, I'm not worried. Yay!

Paladins have gotten a lot of love recently, as well. Pick up Spell Compendium and look at their spells. :)

Cheers!

Razz

Banned
Banned
MerricB said:
Well, given we haven't seen the full text yet... Yay! I so love this new feat.

I suspect that - given other healing restrictions - it may only be usable if the PC is half hp or less, or 1/hour/PC... but even if it doesn't have any restrictions, I'm not worried. Yay!

Paladins have gotten a lot of love recently, as well. Pick up Spell Compendium and look at their spells. :)

Cheers!

Heck, the new spells they got in Complete Champion make them pretty formidable. :D

DreadArchon

First Post
Wik said:
Start eating your hat. Our last session, the warlock went into a fight with only 66% of his HP. And he got blasted by a lightning bolt that knocked him exactly to -10.
I'm with Remathilis on this one. The Warlock in my party isn't even optimizing (he's got a Cure Light wand instead of a Lesser Vigor wand, even though Lesser Vigor is available, don't ask me why), and he hasn't done anything silly like that since something like level two. By the wealth per level tables, a Warlock (or any divine caster, really) of level 2+ should be able to keep the party filled up all the time.

Torx

First Post
I'm surprised no one is commenting on this one.

WotC said:
Great and Small
Preqs: Wild shape class feature, ability to assume the form of a Large creature using wild shape
Grow or shrink one size category
My group, at least, loves size changing. There can be some pretty nasty min/maxing with this feat depending on its specific text.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Remathilis said:
and I will eat my hat if you know a PC who goes into the next room with less than 80% hp if healing is available

For your sake, I hope your hat is a strawberry-flavored. . . :p

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads