• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Conan Red Band Trailer is up

Nebten

First Post
Just because it is in 3D doesn't mean it doesn't have a 2D version showing with it. Very common practice. I'm going to see Conan but not in 3D. I've already been bit by Clash of the Titians (ugh).

What I don't get is that every media outlet is screaming that the splurg of 3D movie conversions made on the cheap are not worth the additional fees. Its already hard enough to get people to theatres at $10, what makes them think $14 is any better? I'm all for 3D movies, if they are done by a director who knows what he's doing with the medium (James Cameron, Zack Snyder) not some hot new music video director (looking at you TRON).

Sadly, from the Teaser this movie looks poor. But this is also a movie our gaming group and signficant others would go see (very hard feat) and that in itself is a good time.

Remember, discount movie tickets and Costco & AAA ;)

Dire Bare

Legend
Actually, both Kung Fu Panda 2 and Green Lantern have been selling more 2D tickets than 3D ones.

I believe it! I'm not a fan of 3D either, but despite the lukewarm reaction from the public, 3D will only increase in use as it is a way for studios to bring in more money.

Says the bitter movie fan . . .

I like 3D. If it is done well and is used in 75+ % of the movie. If not, they are just trying to increase the ticket price I have to pay. If they want to do that, just do it, don't require me to wear these glasses for the 15 minutes of 3D you sprinkle through your movie.

Cyberzombie

Explorer
Actually, I've Stumbled Upon a number of industry links saying that 3D is not going to take over the way studios want it to. Yeah, this time the technology works, but it makes too many people's heads hurt. Plus most of the movies have it cheasily applied in post-production so it looks awful. No matter what the studios want, if people vote with their feet, it's going to die just like the '50s "3D" craze did.

But on to the important stuff! That looks like it actually does Conan justice. As does the R rating. You couldn't possible do Conan right in PG-13. I'll happily go see this in a 2D showing. :)

Kzach

Banned
Banned
Actually, both Kung Fu Panda 2 and Green Lantern have been selling more 2D tickets than 3D ones.

I don't doubt it and even hope that's true. But it's also different for different areas. Last time I tried to see a movie in 2D was Green Hornet. My friend and I ended up giving up because on the night we chose to go see it (it was a spur of the moment thing), there were no showings, at all, anywhere in all of Melbourne, past the time we started looking. Most cinemas had either no 2D at all, or only two or three sessions early on during the day. We could only find two that had night sessions and we were already too late for them.

Sombalance

Explorer
I don't go to as many movies as I used to, but when I do, you can bet it isn't to one that requires me to wear glasses over my glasses.

The movie could be free and I still wouldn't think it was worth it.

Steel_Wind

Legend
I'm VASTLY more keen on Conan now that we've seen Jason Momoa's Khal Drogo kick ass and take names on Game of Thrones.

Apart from Harry Potter, Conan is the only other movie I will bother to see in theatres this summer.

And I like 3d. Avatar was better in 3D and Beowulf rocked in 3D. I hope Conan will be great in 3d too. The rest of you cranky haters need to go shuffle out to the kitchen in your slippers and finish eating your prunes and All-Bran!!

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads