• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Conan Red Band Trailer is up

Kzach

Banned
Banned
The rest of you cranky haters need to go shuffle out to the kitchen in your slippers and finish eating your prunes and All-Bran!!

You realise that about 20% of the population have some sort of eye anomaly that is made acute by forcing us to maintain focus on two separate images which in turn causes severe eye strain and visual fatigue... right?

I'm one of those people and viewing a 3D movie is like watching an extremely blurry movie that hurts my eyes.

Oh, then there are all the people who wear glasses... do you also criticise people in wheelchairs because they can't get up stairs?

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
I'm VASTLY more keen on Conan now that we've seen Jason Momoa's Khal Drogo kick ass and take names on Game of Thrones.

Yup. That put it over the top for me (though I was already looking forward to seeing it).

Apart from Harry Potter, Conan is the only other movie I will bother to see in theatres this summer.

And I like 3d. Avatar was better in 3D and Beowulf rocked in 3D. I hope Conan will be great in 3d too.

The new "The Three Musketeers" preview (which has been filmed entirely in 3D) looked pretty good to me, too, so you might consider it as well.

Last edited:

Starman

Adventurer
You realise that about 20% of the population have some sort of eye anomaly that is made acute by forcing us to maintain focus on two separate images which in turn causes severe eye strain and visual fatigue... right?

I'm one of those people and viewing a 3D movie is like watching an extremely blurry movie that hurts my eyes.

Oh, then there are all the people who wear glasses... do you also criticise people in wheelchairs because they can't get up stairs?

You realize there may have been a touch of sarcasm in his post...right?

ShadowDenizen

Explorer
Add me to the "Anti-3D" crowd.

I jsut saw the new Pirates film in 3D (NOT my choice; it was the only time-appropriate showing), and I want my extra $5 back; 3D did NOTHING to enhance that film, IMO. And on a film that thrives on vibrant colors and CGI (like Green Lantern) it detracts even FURTHER by muting the colors becasue of the stupid glasses.

But, on to Conan.
I'm thrilled that they're making it "R". I think to do a proper Conan movie, it SHOULD be R. Nudity and violence run rampant throughout the Howard books. Why should it be neutered just to appeal to more "modern" sensibilites?

Fan buzz was pretty "Meh" initially, byut after seeing the trailers (and particularly the red-band), and seeing Jason Momoa in action on GoT, my three friends and I (all long-time Howard and Conan fans) are quite excited for the premiere!

Baumi

Adventurer
I like 3D on Animated Films like Kung Fu Panda or Shrek, where it makes everything much sharper. But I despise it in normal Films (to many bad experiences).

Gorgoroth

Banned
Banned
there

"Why should it be neutered just to appeal to more "modern" sensibilites?"

--> "Why should it be neutered just to appeal to more "antiquated" sensibilites?"

*cough* bible belt. cutting people's heads off wouldn't even get a pg-13 these days. but show a boob...whoah, cover your eyes kids!! Thank Crom I don't live in a country ruled by religious freaks, who try to infantilize everyone. Puritanism is a form of filth so vile it should have been eradicated long ago...It was a bad idea in Victorian England, and it's a bad idea now. I will vote with my wallet and assert my adulthood over the forces of oppression and stupidity.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads