• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Conditional awareness

Magus Xen

First Post
I would like to know where I can ask some technical questions for DnD 4E. I looked at the official wizards forum and I cannot find where the 'official' 4E forums.

Currently I only really have one question but I would like to know where I can post if any arise.

Basically I would like to know if a power is used on you and it has a conditional effect, are you aware of the effect. For example several Rogue powers have these conditions.
Riposte Strike
Hit: 1[W] + Dexterity modifier damage. If the target attacks you before the start of your next turn, you make your riposte against the target as an immediate interrupt: a Strength vs. AC attack that deals 1[W] + Strength modifier damage.

I've cut out most of the detail but if a rogue hits you with this are you aware that it will be able to hit you if you strike it?

Also what about marking - with a Paladin's devine challenge and I believe the fighter has a similiar effect?

My current ideas:
I assume that the enemy is aware of all effects.

Thanks in advance

Ravingdork

Explorer
The game developers have clarified that a target is aware that they are marked and also know of any condition detials involved with the mark. I don't know if anything official has been said about other abilities, though.

My Lego

Explorer
Magus Xen said:
I would like to know where I can ask some technical questions for DnD 4E. I looked at the official wizards forum and I cannot find where the 'official' 4E forums.

Currently I only really have one question but I would like to know where I can post if any arise.

Basically I would like to know if a power is used on you and it has a conditional effect, are you aware of the effect. For example several Rogue powers have these conditions.
Riposte Strike
Hit: 1[W] + Dexterity modifier damage. If the target attacks you before the start of your next turn, you make your riposte against the target as an immediate interrupt: a Strength vs. AC attack that deals 1[W] + Strength modifier damage.

I've cut out most of the detail but if a rogue hits you with this are you aware that it will be able to hit you if you strike it?

Also what about marking - with a Paladin's devine challenge and I believe the fighter has a similiar effect?

My current ideas:
I assume that the enemy is aware of all effects.

Thanks in advance
Yes they are aware of what effect the power has on them. In the last paragraph on page 57 in the PHB.

"Whenever you affect a creature with a power, that creature knows exactly what you have done to it..."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads