• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Conquest of Bloodsworn Vale [IC]

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Aelish Karn (Human Male Herald) HP: 33

"The reward is generous. Thank you Captain." Aelish shakes his head in acknowledgment.

"Perhaps if everyone is satisfied, we should pack up and head out to the camp site and let this begin? Perhaps scouting out the camp site and the surrounding are to see where the assailants might have come from or went to would be a good place to start? What say you, Shandul, about the area that the work crew was attacked?" He looks to Shandul and then to the rest of the group for confirmation.

s@squ@tch

First Post
Percivilis and Jerivan

"Captain, what exactly does this work entail? Are we to simply ride from this fort, to the end of the trail? For that may not be that difficult a task -- or are we to investigate each part of the vale and look for evil denizens and troublemakers?"

Percivilis looks at each of his companions around the room,"What say you, are we ready to ride out this afternoon, or do you require a decent nights rest before we head into this bewitched wood?"

"Jerivan - how soon would you be able to get the horses ready to ride?"

"About 15 minutes, Percivilis, give or take 5." The young squire responds,"Should I leave my ears here at the keep? I would hate to lose them."

Percivilis breaks into a smile,"Lad, I would too, I've grown quite attached to mine. We'll do our best to keep them attached to our heads."

Last edited:

ethandrew

First Post
Besik lets out a barely audible sigh at the exchange between squire and charge before he states flatly, "Fey." He stands silent and still, expecting confusion and a need for clarification.

YeOldeAlbatross

First Post
s@squ@tch said:
"Captain, what exactly does this work entail? Are we to simply ride from this fort, to the end of the trail? For that may not be that difficult a task -- or are we to investigate each part of the vale and look for evil denizens and troublemakers?"
Sir Tolgrith answers, "In the short term, I'm hoping you'll be able to find whomever butchered and mutilated my workers, and bring them to appropriate justice...if that means putting them to the sword, so be it. I would like you to leave as soon as possible to solve this problem. The road must be open in two months’ time and delays like this one make that deadline seem unlikely. Perhaps we can catch up, but only if you solve this problem quickly.

"Further out, any help you can offer which ensures the protection of those clearing the trade route would be in order. That may involve slaying monsters or wild beasts which threaten their progress. Also, it occurs to me that the discovery of any natural resources which might be used as commodities for the benefit of Fort Thorn would be welcome. My scouts have located some small pockets of darkwood in the forests and precious metals in the hills, but these have not been substantial. Perhaps you will have better luck."

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Aelish Karn (Human Male Herald) HP: 33

Aelish sighs in relief and says "Leaving now is a great idea. I will get my horse." The Herald bolts out the door.

s@squ@tch

First Post
Percivilis and Jerivan

"Percivilis, did you hear something? It sounded like an elf."

"Well, now that you mention it, I think I did hear something -- was it monosylabic and possibly a bit hoarse?"

"Yes, that was it -- what do you think it means?"

"Well, I am not sure, you wouldn't have any tea leaves, or old bones on you, perchance?"

"No, I'm afraid I'm fresh out, we'll have to wing it."

"Alright. It sounded like..... fay? fae? fea? no, no, FEY!"

"Why don't you go outside and say a prayer to Iomedae, she might get back to us shortly with a divine answer to what this means."

"Right-o. I may need your help however, she may have difficulty understanding just me. We can get our horses while we wait for her response."

The two armored men walk out of the room laughing together and giving each other hearty swats on the back. Percivilis hesitates at the threshold, looks back into the room at the dwarf, elf, and wildman, and says,"You three care to join us?"

Azgulor

Adventurer
"Gods, you'd think they were all running off to a party. Hope they didn't forget their party hats and dresses," Aldur says to no one in particular. He tosses the cork in the air and catches it as he looks at Shandul, "Guess I should have brought the jug. At this rate, we'll need it." Turning to the knight, he says "Good day, Captain." before turning to leave.

"Come, Besik. Tell me why you think Fey are involved while we walk."

ethandrew

First Post
Once you live long enough to see the lives of men snuffed out by time, Besik is still amazed at how bizarre they can truly be. He nods his head in acknowledgement toward the Captain before following stride with Aldur.

"I am quite sure it is Fey, not merely supposition. Woodland foes, tiny arrows, never being seen by anyone but the dead, all are indications. Though the missing ears is foreign. I have not heard that before."

Azgulor

Adventurer
"I've not encountered such creatures before. The grisly trophies are more what I'd expect of orcs or ogres." Turning to Shandul, Aldur asks "You're from these parts, aren't you? Are Fey creatures known here?"

Boddynock

First Post
The woodsman scowls ferociously, as if Aldur's question had raised old memories which still had the power to haunt him. "Oh, yes, there are fey here all right! And some are dark and dangerous creatures. But not all of them - a point I'll be making to our gung-ho friends."

Remove ads