Considering DMing a game... [Interest Check]

Theroc

First Post
You have four characters posted. SHould I stop working on my character?

No, as you may be entering in the case of someone dropping out, and/or another DM running some encounters in the arena if another 4 players produce characters.

It's up to you, really.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Well, since you've filled yours and I don't know if anyone else is still creating I think I'll hold off for a bit and see what happens. If others continue to express interest/make characters I'll continue with the work but in the meantime there's a game that's still open that I want to get in...

I'd still like to get involved somehow but I don't want to make a character, never get to play, and lose out on another potential game.

Have fun! I'll be reading with interest!

Theroc

First Post
Well, since you've filled yours and I don't know if anyone else is still creating I think I'll hold off for a bit and see what happens. If others continue to express interest/make characters I'll continue with the work but in the meantime there's a game that's still open that I want to get in...

I'd still like to get involved somehow but I don't want to make a character, never get to play, and lose out on another potential game.

Have fun! I'll be reading with interest!

Alrighty. I may start coordinating multiple groups if I really get in the swing of it. I just don't wanna bite off more than I can chew.

Theroc

First Post
Hey, DW, can you look over one of the other applicants and give me a check there? If anyone else wants to pick a profile to double-check, just post here and lemme know who's being checked so I don't worry about that one right away.

Dragonwriter

First Post
Hey, DW, can you look over one of the other applicants and give me a check there? If anyone else wants to pick a profile to double-check, just post here and lemme know who's being checked so I don't worry about that one right away.

Oh, sorry I dropped the ball on that. So, to make it up to you, I just finished a look at each (except mine), and here is what I found.

Tuk: Should have 60 GP to purchase items, but you spent 103 (+). Can eliminate several items (from Bedroll on down the list). Exotic Weapon Proficiency needs to declare what weapon you can use proficiently (I understand Spiked Chain is obvious, but you are also using a Net; whichever Exotic weapon you don’t pick will have a -4 penalty on attacks).

Uuden: You have 8 more Skill Points to spend (Brb gets 4, +1 INT, +1 Human, x4 at 1st level).

Kam: Should note remaining GP (11, in your case).

I figured I shouldn't be the one to evaluate my sheet... For the sake of appearances, at least. And there's the often forgotten phenomenon of not noticing one's own mistakes. ;)

Theroc

First Post
No problem DW. I thought maybe you were waiting to be prompted, and I dropped the ball too. I also figured someone besides you reviewing yours is a good idea(as I too miss my own errors sometimes).

I was thinking perhaps Ethandrew could review it. I don't know if anyone else who volunteered to co-DM has Complete Arcane.

Oh, and thinking about it, I just remembered something: In my games Hideous Blow does not provoke AoO's. I think it's silly since the intent is to have a melee invocation. >.>

Don't know if that will matter to you or not, but I figured I'd point it out while it was in my head.

Dragonwriter

First Post
Oh, and thinking about it, I just remembered something: In my games Hideous Blow does not provoke AoO's. I think it's silly since the intent is to have a melee invocation. >.>

Don't know if that will matter to you or not, but I figured I'd point it out while it was in my head.

Good to know. I probably won't use it, as Miriakon is much more interested in staying out of the fray and sniping (and I have so few invocations). But it is good to know. :)

Remove ads