Considering DMing a game... [Interest Check]

Lughart

First Post
Character ready. Chaotic evil human barbarian, will muliclass rogue as soon as possible, aiming for the Ghost Faced Killer class from Complete Adventurer (if he survives that long).

So my question is, will I have perform(gladiatorum) as a class skill?

Theroc

First Post
I am assuming the starting gold should be exclusively spent on direct combat gear. ie don't buy rations, bedroll? Is this correct?

Good bet.

To Lughart: That's something I haven't worked out yet.

I'm thinking most combat oriented classes would have it as a class skill, but I'm not sure just yet.

Anyone else have an opinion of which classes have Gladiatorum as a class skill?

Theroc

First Post
What're we looking at in terms of a Pantheon? I'm thinking a Favored Soul for my character.

Seeing as this is homebrew and I haven't gotten to religion yet(I barely got the basic empire idea down), look at the little bit I have and see if you come up with an idea you like for a god. Either it'll be part of the usual pantheon or no, depending how much it would clash with the general Torian culture.

GlassEye

Adventurer
I have an idea for a character (monk/wu jen/enlightened fist) that is monkey-like. Basically a beast-man from the edge of the Empire captured specifically for the arena. I would like to play a Vanara from the Oriental Adventures book but I realize that isn't on your list of accepted sources. As I see it we could handle this in one of three ways (your choice, obviously): 1) I could provide the Vanara information to you; 2) I could play with human race rules and re-skin it as a beast-man; or 3) I could just choose a different race. I'm equally fine with any of the options. What do you think?

Theroc

First Post
Vanara don't happen to be in Unapproachable East, do they? If not, go ahead and send me the relevant info, and I'll check to make sure it's not overly complicated for me. :p

Beastman idea seems cool. You'll have to bear with me on the Wu Jen though, I've no experience with them yet. I've dealt with most of the other classes to some extent, but none at all with Wu Jen. I'm guessing they're primarily an element-based wizard/sorcerer type?

GlassEye

Adventurer
I don't think Vanara is in Unapproachable East but I couldn't say for sure. As for Wu Jen, I have a little experience with it but your description if fairly accurate though their elemental base isn't really all that big of a deal. I'll likely start with and focus on monk except for what is required to make the prestige class (presuming we get that far). I'm heading out for lunch and work so I'll get the Vanara write-up to you as soon as I can but likely tonight sometime.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Sorry for the formatting. Had a moment to spare and thought it best to get the file up sooner rather than later. Also, apparently there was a 3.5 update in Dragon 318 (which I don't own, found the info after a quick online search) that eliminated the ability score modifiers. If you accept the Vanara I could play it either way; with or without ability score modifiers.

Attachments

• VANARA.pdf
    16.7 KB · Views: 92

Theroc

First Post
Haven't made a decision on the Vanara, but I wanted to let everyone know I put a bit of RP and related world info in the other thread(which I would imagine you have seen) http://www.enworld.org/forum/talking-talk/294015-torian-empire-recruiting.html#post5320551

Just in case that gives anyone ideas. Also; Apologies if I seem slow, I'm literally making stuff up as I go along as I hadn't intended to start so soon. :p Stuff's hectic and I haven't gotten to do much research or plan out a specific world even as far as a city. lol

So, bear with me guys.

Remove ads