Constructing and Working out the Epic Game

Creamsteak

Explorer
Well... I decided I'd at least offer to start the construction of the Epic Game. I figure the characters will take more than a week to really finish, refine, describe, and tailor to the campaign. For right now, I'm going to lay out the simple rules I'm going to follow for figuring out characters. The groundwork I guess.

Just remember that this game will go from very non-combat to hardcore save or die and six heroes versus an entire natio. I'll also try and sumarrize about a year at a time after every major break comes up, and move right back into the action points of the game. Big focus might be needed for longevity, and I guess we should probably create our own "Epic" campaign setting. The logic here is that none of the other campaign settings truely focus on the Epic characters, but this one will need to in order to have fun. Not to mention it will give everyone some extra freedom for backgrounds and stuff, that goes beyond knowing the setting beforehand.

I'm going to create a character as well, heads up.

Everyone starts with 666,000 xp and 6,600,000 gp (3/4ths of average).

1. ABILITY SCORES
I'm going to say use Point buy, at 48 points, just enough to get scores all to start at 15, or mix and match as you choose.

2. CHOOSE CLASS AND RACE
No restrictions to start with. I'm using ECL=Hit Dice. Monster Manual, Deities and Demigods, Manual of the Planes, Psionics Handbook creatures, no magazine, internet, or non WOTC selections. Must have Advancement by Character Class. Divine Rank 0 is available for +10 ECL. Divine Rank 1 = +20 ECL. 2=+24, 3=+28, 4=+32, 5=+36

3. Assign and Adjust Ability Score

4. Starting Package (not applicable)

5. Record Racial and Class Features

6. Select Skills

7. Select Feats.

8. Review Description

9. Select Equipment - Equipment equal in value to 6,600,000 gold pieces. No single item worth more than 440,000 gold pieces. Fortresses and such can be bought, among other things. If you have a craft item feat, such as craft wonderous item, you can craft an item for yourself by sacrificing the normal amount of Experience, and paying the base cost to create the item.

10. Record a Stat-Block: Use monster manual format, for easy reading for me. This is in addition to your normal character information, however you choose to record that.

11. Details

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
Allignments are not restricted. I would like a mixed good/evil group that has adventured together at least in individual cases. Perhaps each of you has met every other individual, just never together.

The focus of this campaign will likely be very broad with multiple epic fronts that must be dealt with constantly. I'm not sure about planar travel, but I'm thinking all of those presented in the Manual of the Planes will exist, and others.

Sometimes I will divide the group, not intentionally, but because your opinions will differ. I will try very hard to prevent in-fighting, but competitive goals are encouraged.

There will be a pretty thick cast of NPCs and I'll make a thread in the rogue gallery specifically to track NPCs histories, and knowledge you have of them. This thread will accept donations from players, including countries, planes, people, creatures, and organizations. This will be seperate from the Player Character gallery.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Also, on another note,

If you can co-dm this, that would be fantastic. I don't want to devote a great deal of time to this game, not more than what I normally do. The co-dms resposnibilities (and I would encourage as many players who can to join in this) are to come up with extra elements to throw into the game. Encounters I can run pretty smoothly, so those will be my responsibility to manage, but motivations, story-arcs, non-player characters, and anythign else to color the game is heavily encouraged (and I'd be very thankful to have a supporting crew of players that also co DM and that helped with such things).

Creamsteak

Explorer
Level 36. Most players have already applied, but I couldn't care less how many we get, considering how long it's going to take to really start.

Last edited:

Dalamar

Adventurer
No restrictions to start with. I'm using ECL=Hit Dice. Monster Manual, Deities and Demigods, Manual of the Planes, Psionics Handbook creatures, no magazine, internet, or non WOTC selections.
Does this include class selections? Cause as I'm reading it, it only concerns race (wishful thinking maybe?;)).
I might be taking a few levels of Hero if it's allowed, then going Psion and Constructor. But then I'd need the Constructor's epic advancement, which isn't out yet.

Remove ads