• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Constructing and Working out the Epic Game

Creamsteak

Explorer
Cloudgatherer said:
Count me in!

Do we post characters here?

Does the 48 point-buy include or exclude bonuses every 4th level?

Can we use the standard stat block format instead of monster manual stat block? (I'm partial to the original one)

I think that's all the questions I have...
Later!

I'm partial to monster manual, but only for the DM to read when you guys are fighting. You can record the information in any other format as well, but that's what I want posted when I make the rogue's gallery.

Point buy at 48 does not include the bonuses every 4th level. Tell me about your character before you post him anywhere, so I can get a grip on myself first.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Re: Mind's Eye??

Ashrem Bayle said:
I know you said no net resources, but the psion is really only supported on the net.

Will you allow stuff from WOTC's Minds Eye?

I'm specificly interested in The Crystal Master

I'd consider it. I havn't checked the link yet, but I do know of some of the internet's psionics variants and such, so it will be looked at. BTW, I'm limiting races more than classes, and internet or magazine classes are not completely out of line, but races are. This being because I'm using ECL=HD which makes some creatures insane, but keeps most reasonable.

Creamsteak

Explorer
The Forsaken One said:
I'm in and good/evil u say? Is nice and I'll create some flavor thingy not munch it too much.. at level 36 you should hurt anyway.

And euhh templates what ECL you count for Ghouls, true ghouls, ghasts and Shades?=]

http://home.gwi.net/~rdorman/frilond/rul/dm/ghoul.htm

It also links to the official normal ghoul/ghast template.

And Troll ECL = Monstermanual HD?

I'll look at the link later, but yes, Troll ECL = Monstermanual HD.

Zack2216

First Post
I was wondering if I could get in too?

Go Druid!CN

also, you haven't addressed epic spells. do you allow them? do they have the same max gp cost like the item limit?

Cloudgatherer

First Post
I'm thinking a rogue type character who hunts for lost treasure type stuff by contract. Items lost for ages, in deep and dark places, that's what this character does!

Sound like a workable idea?

Creamsteak

Explorer
Everything is sounding good, and everyone can play, the big responsibility here will be breaking everyone down into groups.

BTW, I'm dropping all restrictions on races and classes and such, and everyone can make sure to spend all 8,800,000 gold, even if I told them otherwise before.

You can have epic spells researched, just pay the cost out of your starting xp and starting gold and it's yours.

Here is what I'm thinking for a gaming strategy, since were talking Play by Post. In order to limit the responsibility of ALL players, we break up into small groups of two or three players each, each group with a co-dm that knows at least thier own particular story arc they are following. I answer questions the DMs don't want to answer themselves, and I run combat, cause I think I'm good for that. I link the story arcs, and tell you guys when you overlap.

Every group will post in a particular color-code so that we all know who is in our group, and who is not. We keep it organized that way. Also, if we lose 3 or 6 players, we simply mix groups till we get them right again. Seems neat to me, though I could be an idiot, never know :).

I'll have my own color code, which will be for applications to everyone, that's what I'm thinking at least. My job is to deal with our custom world, integrating the races and classes the players introduce, and try and figure out what's going on everywhere. Meanwhile each group deals with specifics event by event. Hell, one group could spend the entire time making money, monopolizing on a city, and selling thier truely incredible spell-power, meanwhile the rest of the players are hack n' slashing an epic dungeon crawl.

This is what I'm thinking now, but I could be delerious.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Cloudgatherer said:
I'm thinking a rogue type character who hunts for lost treasure type stuff by contract. Items lost for ages, in deep and dark places, that's what this character does!

Sound like a workable idea?

Very workable. It could really play up if my above idea gets player approval. Your rogue could even be his own solo group, who eventually could encounter himself trying to steal an epic item from an epic group that's trying to keep themselves in political control of a magocracy or stuff... this is what I'm thinking, and I'm thinking it could be neat, and relatively simple to play, since we won't be dependant on a mass of players.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Zack2216 said:
I was wondering if I could get in too?

Go Druid!CN

also, you haven't addressed epic spells. do you allow them? do they have the same max gp cost like the item limit?

Your fine to join. The epic spell part was mentioned above.

Creamsteak

Explorer
The Forsaken One said:
And how much do you count a quickling ecl?

If you want to play them, that's fine since I'm saying no restrictions. You might want to raise the ECL a little higher than 0 or 1 though, since they are a bit exotic and quite powerful at ECL 0. I'd estimate 4-6 honestly, they are an exceptional PC race with tons of feats and some pretty sweet abilities.

Remove ads