• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Constructing and Working out the Epic Game

Kalanyr

Explorer
Is this an acceptable race?

Tulani (greater)Celestial (Eladrin)
Medium-Sized Outsider (Chaotic, Good)
Hit Dice: 12d8+48 (102 hp)
Initiative: +5 (+5 Dex)
Speed: 50 ft., Fly 75 ft. (perfect)
AC: 28 (+5 Dex, +13 Natural )
Attacks: +4 lightblade +24/+24/+19/+14; or alternate form attacks from any other eladrin
Damage: +4 lightblade 2d4+12+2d8 positive energy ; variable alternate damages
Face/Reach: 5 ft. by 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Spell-like abilities, spells, gaze, positive energy
Special Qualities: Damage reduction 30/+4, SR 32, celestial qualities, alternate forms
Saves: Fort +12, Ref +13, Will +13
Abilities: Str 26, Dex 20, Con 19, Int 20, Wis 21, Chr 24
Skills: Animal Empathy +12, Concentration +19, Diplomacy +15, Escape Artist +13, Hide +19, Knowledge (any three) +15, Listen +15, Move Silently +19, Sense Motive +15, Search +13, Spot +14, Tumble +10, Wilderness Lore +15
Feats: Power Attack, Cleave, Sunder, Great Cleave

Climate/Terrain: Arborea
Organization: Solitary (see below)
Challenge Rating: 17
Treasure: No coins, double goods, double items
Alignment: Always chaotic good
Advancement: 13-18 HD (Medium-size)
19-36 HD (Large)

The greatest of the eladrins are the tulani, or faerie lords. Their courts are scattered throughout Olympus, never staying in the same place more than one night. The tulani are peaceful in nature and take up arms only when Arborea itself is threatened or the direst of emergencies requires their attention.
Tulani are creatures of unearthly beauty and grace; their voices are living music, and their faces shine so brightly that mortals find it difficult to look at them. In form they’re tall, stately elven lords dressed in shimmering robes of shifting color. A tulani is surrounded by a magical aura that evil creatures cannot bear to be near.

Combat

The tulani have no need for weapons and armor; their unearthly forms naturally resist damage, and at will (as a free action) they can create a swordlike blade of fiery light in their fist. When provoked to combat by dire circumstances, tulani are devastating opponents, utilizing all the powers at their disposal to ruthlessly ensure the swiftest possible victory.

Spell-Like Abilities: At will—alter self, color spray, comprehend languages, chain lightning, cure light wounds, dancing lights, daylight, detect evil, detect thoughts, dispel magic, hold monster, mass charm, persistent image, polymorph any object, prismatic spray, telekinesis, teleport without error, wall of force; 1/day—meteor swarm, power word: kill, time stop; 1/year—grant another’s wish. These abilities are as the spells cast by a 15th-level sorcerer (save DC 17 + spell level).
Spells: Tulani can cast divine spells from the cleric list and the Air, Animal, Chaos, Good, Plant, and Protection domains as 16th-level clerics (save DC 15 + spell level).
Fly (Su): A tulani in humanoid form can fly unaided as a free action.
Gaze (Su): In humanoid form—slay evil creatures of fewer than 8 HD, range 80 ft., Will negates DC 23, but even if successful the creature is blinded and stricken with fear for 2d10 rounds. If the opponent is of any nonevil alignment or is evil and of 8 HD or more, then it suffers blindness and fear only if it fails to save.
Positive Energy (Ex): The tulani’s blade of light deals an additional 2d8 points of positive energy damage to evil creatures.
Celestial Qualities: Protective aura (double strength magic circle against evil and magic circle against law in a 20’ radius and only one or the other functions against any particular enemy, minor globe of invulnerability, protection from arrows, any evil creature must make a Will save DC 23 to be able to approach within 20 ft. of a tulani), electricity and petrification immunity, fire, cold, and acid resistance 20, tongues (always active), +4 save against poison.
Alternate Forms (Su): A tulani can assume the secondary form of any other eladrin as a free action, or assume its humanoid form from any alternate form as a standard action. The tulani keeps its AC and base attack bonus (+12) but causes double the damage of a bralani, noviere, or firre eladrin’s alternate form. In the ghaele’s form, its light-beams strike for 3d12 points of damage each and never miss. A tulani can use its spell-like abilities and spells in any form it chooses to assume, and of course its celestial qualities are always functional.
A tulani remains in one form until it chooses to assume a new one. A change in form cannot be dispelled, but a tulani always reverts back to its primary, humanoid form if killed. A true seeing spell reveals the tulani’s humanoid form.
Vulnerability to Cold-Wrought Iron (Ex): Weapons made of specially crafted cold iron deal damage to tulani at normal efficiency, even if their enchantment bonus is lower than +4.

If it is, I'm goint to play a wandering Tulani, on the Prime to deal with any large or powerful fiendish incursions.

Also
What are the ECLS on templates? Since with your system they are ECL +0. Unless they add HD.

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
If you want to see the Alternate forms of the other Eladrin:

(Some of the Attack Bonuses,Movement rates and Hit Dice lines and skill point totals may be wrong, the Tulani was off by 1 BAB point which I corrected, and there may be some other similar minor errors) (I'll post any relevant information when I do the character right up).

The conversions are by by Walker, somecallmetim30@hotmail.com

Attachments

• eladrins.rtf
    49.5 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:

Templates were restricted and he has to think about them for a sec (that were his thoughts on the matter last night :p)

And we're supposed to be adventuring together for a long time already :p so I guess cream or a Co-dm will have to coe up with our histories =]

Kalanyr

Explorer
The people do not need to have adventured together , they merely need to know each other. A wandering Tulani could have met/helped a lot of people.

Dalamar

Adventurer
So, what about using Four-Color to Fantasy rules?
Grabbing a few powers there would be nice. And then I'm going to go monk all the way, getting Leadership and Epic Leadership to have my own school :D.

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
I'm looking at:

Human Psion 20 / Metamind 10 / Crystal Master 6

I'm going to assume you are allowing Bruce Cordell's varients and If Thoughts Could Kill.

Let me know what you need.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads