Constructing and Working out the Epic Game

Dalamar

Adventurer
I updated my character to 37th level and also bought all the Manuals and Tomes.
I still haven't added bonus skill points from increasing Int to skill points. Starting from what level should I add them?

K cream, thanks. Now to see how much I can eat of the Paragorn template for +7 ECL =]

And yes I extrapolated the MF from the *normal* ecl of 8. And +18 seems ok... 18 HD is ALOT IMO.

Btw cream just one small thingy. If ELH creatures with more HD then ECL pick classes don't givem HD for the classes up until they get more class levels then they had more HD then ECL.

Example: Infernal with 10 fighter levels would still be 40HD with 11 fighter levels HD 41. But you might want to change the HD that's like a Infernal with 2 fighter levels is 38d8 + 2d10 that kinda stuff or infernal with 8 psion levels 32d8 +8d4, but that might put up the question if you can keep the best HD but I think that's a bit pushing it.

So no extra HD untill you actually ECL=HD and classes up till that ECL of HD change HD to the class.

Any opinions on that?

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
Allright, I'm changing things AGAIN! LIKE THE INSANE GUY I AM!

Let's just do ECL=HD, with one exception: Fey HD. Fey HD are worth 80%, because it's been brought to my attention that they... suck. So, you can have 60 Fey HD, or take a 50HD Fey and 10 character levels.

But, here's the boon to make all things possible, I'm upgrading the ECL cap to 50 (yes more than 10x as insane), and you each get the starting gold of about 34.2 million.

This means longer times working out characters, more crazyness, and such...

And TFO... there will be NO +7 ECL PARAGON. None... none none none.

Yes, this is insane... way more insane than I am. This decision was made because apparently I should accomodate my players rather than them accomodating me... apparently :confused: :confused: :confused: ?

Last edited:

Level 50!!! :eek:

That means I'll have to remake my character concept entirely.

If I take epic leadership, can the followers be undead. I'm thinking about a demilich, at the moment, which's has a small city of undead to rule.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Howling Coyote said:
Level 50!!! :eek:

That means I'll have to remake my character concept entirely.

If I take epic leadership, can the followers be undead. I'm thinking about a demilich, at the moment, which's has a small city of undead to rule.

:eek: I agree. Yes, they can be undead, just use skeletons/zombies=warriors of the same HD. Then, when you git up to third and fourth level cohorts and you can select things with character levels, like ghosts and liches, just follow my +ECL for templates rule of thumb I posted earlier.

Yes level 50 is insane. If you want to lower it, tell everyone. Tell them loudly... but if you like it, say that as well.

Insane is not the word I would use. This is pure madness, but I like it.:D I just wonder how someone can run a game with that power level, I certainly could not do it.

So do I use the EHL +12 ECL for a demilich, or the +6 that can be derived from the attributes?

Can I use the Strongholds book? It would be interesting to design an insane fortress to my character, not to mention spend all that money into.

I assume the FRCS and MoF are on the okay list for usable material.

(Maybe this all would be easier if I just made a mature adult force dragon:))

Kalanyr

Explorer
Luithi
Luithi the Wanderer
Demigod
Symbol: A blurred hooden figure against a gold background
Home Plane: Arborea
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Portfolio: Freedom, Eladrin
Worshippers: Wanderers, Holy Liberators, Eladrin
Cleric Alignments: Neutral Good, Chaotic Good, Chaotic Neutral
Domains: Magic,Liberation,Trickery
Favored Weapon: Taleanthia (The Light of the Stars) (Lightblade) ( Rapier)

Luithi (Lew-ith-ee), god of freedom and Eladrin, appears as a tall ,7 feet, golden-haired green-eyed elven lord, draped in a robe of shimmering colours, or when he walks the mortal realms he appears as a brown cloaked itinerant elf, carrying only a bow, a quiver, a backpack and a quarterstaff.

Luithi is a Tulani Eladrin so ancient that he has ceased to merely represent the force of freedom, and has come to incarnate it.
Luithi wanders the Prime plane,under his veil, accompanied by his consort, Larentha, in order to better combat the machinations of devils and demons on the mortal world.

When no threat is present they retreat to their Twilight Court in Arborea. A demiplane which serve both as Luithi's Divine Realm and as a home for Larentha's and his Twilight Court, as well as a home for their most loyal mortal servants.

Luitihi is somewhat cold, he has seen to many good people die to easily form close relationships with mortal creatures. But he is of kind spirit and seeks to aid those not of evil weal, and can be very generous to those who aid the cause of freedom.

Dogma
Do what is noble and good, do not give your word lightly and when given follow the spirit of the agreement over the letter, do not twist things to your advantage. Keep fit in mind and body and bring battle to tyrants, help those less able than yourself and never forget they beauty of the world.

Clergy and Temples
Lutithi has few organized temples and his clergy tend to be Eladrin. His mortal clergy are patient and prone to wander seeking to bring freedom where it is needed.

Luithi
Divine Rank 3
Male Tulani (Celestial,Eladrin,greater) Contemplative 3/Cleric 1 /Divine Disciple 1/Divine Agent 1
Medium-Sized Outsider (Chaotic, Good)
Hit Dice: 16d8+208 + 3d6 + 39 + 1d8 + 13 + 1d8+13 + 1d8 + 13 (456 hp)
Initiative: +20 (+16 Dex,+4 Improved Initiative, Always First)
Speed: 60 ft., Fly 200 ft. (perfect)
AC:70 (+16 Dex, +16 Natural,+3 Divine, + 21 Deflection, +4 Haste)
Attacks: +4 lightblade +38/+38/+33/+28/+23; or alternate form attacks from any other eladrin
Damage: lightblade 2d4+24+2d8 positive energy ; variable alternate damages
Face/Reach: 5 ft. by 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Domain Powers,salient divine abilities, Spell-like abilities, spells, gaze, positive energy
Special Qualities: Alternate forms, Celestial qualities, Divine Immunities, Damage reduction 38/+4,Fire Resistance 23, SR 35, understand, speak and read all languages and speak directly to all beings within 3 miles, remote communication, godly realm, teleport without error at will, Divine Aura (30 feet, DC 34) , Divine Health, Prestige Domain (Mysticism),Haste, Domains (Animal, Air, Protection, Plant), Slippery Mind, Divine Wholeness
Saves: Fort +52 , Ref +51 , Will +66
Abilities: Str 38 Dex 42 Con 36 Int 38 Wis 54 Cha 53
Skills:
Code:
[color=white]
Animal Empathy       +43             (19 Ranks)
Concentration        +41             (25 Ranks) 
Diplomacy            +49             (25 Ranks) 
Escape Artist        +38             (19 Ranks) 
Hide                 +38             (19 Ranks)
Iajitsu Focus        +49             (25 Ranks)
Intuit Direction     +30             (5 Ranks)
Knowledge (Nature)   +42             (25 Ranks) 
Knowledge (Arcana)   +42             (25 Ranks)
Knowledge (Religion) +42             (25 Ranks) 
Listen               +44             (19 Ranks)
Move Silently        +38             (19 Ranks)
Perform              +36             (12 Ranks) 
(Ballad, Dance, Drama, Epic, Fiddle, Flute, Lute, 
Speech, Storytelling, Tea Ceremony, Song, Violin)
Scry                 +43             (24 Ranks)
Sense Motive         +50             (25 Ranks) 
Search               +42             (23 Ranks) 
Spellcraft           +44             (25 Ranks)
Spot                 +45             (20 Ranks) 
Tumble               +38             (19 Ranks)
Wilderness Lore      +50             (25 Ranks)
[/color]
Feats: Improved Initiative, Leadership, Quicken Spell-Like Ability (Teleport w/o Error), Track, Empower Spell, Quicken Spell
Epic Feats: Epic Leadership, Epic Spellcasting
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Attack Bonus
Ranged Touch AB: +36 Touch: +34
Melee AB: +34 Ranged AB: +36

Divine Immunities: Ability Damage,Ability Drain,Acid,Cold,Death Effects,Disease,Disintegration,Energy Drain,Mind-affecting effects, paralysis, poison, sleep, stunning, transmutation

Salient Divine Abilities : Alter Reality (DC 44),Supreme Initiative, Divine Spellcasting, Gift of Life

Domain Powers: Use scrolls, wands, and other devices with spell completion or spell trigger activation as a 10th level wizard,Bluff, Disguise, and Hide are class skills, +2 morale bonus on all saves vs enchantment spells or effects.

Spell-Like Abilities:
At will: Change Self,Invisibility,Nondetection,Confusion,False Vision,Mislead,Screen,Polymorph any Object, Time Stop,Nystul's Undetectable Aura,Identify,Dispel Magic,Imbue with Spell Ability,Spell Resistance,Antimagic Field, Spell Turning, Protection from Spells, Mordekainen's Disjunction,Remove Fear,Remove Paralysis,Remove Curse,Freedom of Movement,Break Enchantment,Greater Dispelling,Refuge,Mind Blank,Unbinding all as a 13th level sorceror. (Save DC 34 + Spell Level)

Also
At will—alter self, color spray, comprehend languages, chain lightning, cure light wounds, dancing lights, daylight, detect evil, detect thoughts, dispel magic, hold monster, mass charm, persistent image, polymorph any object, prismatic spray, telekinesis, teleport without error, wall of force; 1/day—meteor swarm, power word: kill, time stop; 1/year—grant another’s wish. These abilities are as the spells cast by a 15th-level sorcerer (save DC 31 + spell level).

Cleric Spells/Day (0-22) 6/11+1/11+1/10+1/10+1/10+1/9+1/8+1/8+1/8+1/5/4/4/4/4/3/3/3/3/2/2/2/2 as a 21st level cleric. (Save DC 32+ Spell Level)
1-9 Cast spontaneously
10th Quickened Harm, Empowered*2 Blade Barrier,2x Quickened Heal, Quickened Banishment
11th Empowered*3 Flamestrike, Quickened Empowered Flamestrike,Quickened Holy Word, Quickened Word of Chaos
12th Quickened Antimagic Field,Quickened Empowered Undeath to Death, Quickened Storm Rage, Empowered*2 Firestorm
13th Quickened Storm of Vengeance, Quickened Gate*2, Empowered*2 Storm of Vengeance
14th Quickened Empowered Stormrage, Empowered*3 Storm Range, Quickened Empowered Earthquake, Empowered*3 Earthquake
15th Quickened Empowered Storm of Vengeance, 2xQuickened Empowered Energy Drain
16th Quickened Empowered*2 Firestorm, Empowered*4 Firestorm, Empowered*6 Poison
17th 2xQuickened Empowered*2 Energy Drain, Empowered*4 Energy Drain
18th Quickened Empowered*3 Stormrage, Empowered*5 Firestorm, Empowered*7 Poison
19th Quickened Empowered*3 Energy Drain, Empowered*5 Energy Drain
20th Quickened Empowered*4 Firestorm, Empowered*6 Stormrage,
21st Quickened Empowered*4 Energy Drain, Empowered*6 Energy Drain
22nd Quickened Empowered*5 Stormrage, Empowered*7 Firestorm

Domain Spells (Air, Animal, Chaos, Good,Mysticism Plant, and Protection)
1 Sanctuary
2 Shield Other
3 Protection from Elements
4 Holy Smite
5 Dispel Evil
6 Repel Wood
7 Holy Word
8 Holy Aura
9 Elemetal Swarm (Air spell only)

Other Divine Powers
As a demigod Luithi treats a 1 on an attack roll or saving throw normally and not as an automatic failure. He is immortal.

Senses: Luithi can see, hear,touch and smell at a distance of 3 mile. As a standard action he can percieve anything within 3 miles of his worshippers,holy sites,objects, or any location where one of his titles or names was spoken in the last hour. He can extend his senses to up to two locations at once. He can block the sensing power of dieties of his rank or lower at up to two remote locations at once for 3 hours.

Portfolio Sense: Luithi is aware of any effort for freedom that involves at least 1000 people or any danger to the wellfare of the Eladrin race.

Automatic Actions: Luithi can use any Eladrin racial skill as a free action if the DC is 15 or lower. To use the skill as a free action Luithi must have ranks in the skill or the skill must be useable untrained. Luithi cannot do anything as a free action if the task would be a move action or part of a move action. Luithi can likewise perform any task that can be accomplished with a simple Charisma or Dexterity check as a free action. He can perform up to 2 such free actions a round.

Create Magic Items: Luithi can create any simple or martial weapon or any item that protects the wearer from mind altering effects (eg Ring of Mindshielding), increases movement (eg Boots of Speed) or eases travel (eg Bag of Holding) as long as the item's market value does not exceed 4,500 gp.

Non-Divine Powers
Enhanced Statistics-Luithi has used alter reality to give himself a +5 Inherent Bonus to all statistics.

Haste (Su) Luithi is permanently under the effects of a haste spell as cast by a 22nd level sorcerer. If Dispelled Luithi needs to use Alter Reality to produce a Haste effect and render it permanent again, requiring 220 minutes rest.

Domain Powers: Animal Friendship 1/day, Turn/Rebuke Earth/Air Subtypes (22nd level cleric) 24/day, Protective Ward (1/day, +21 Resistance Bonus),Rebuke Plants (22nd level cleric) 24/day
Turn Undead (Su): As a 1st level Cleric 24/day

Tulani Abilities

The tulani have no need for weapons and armor; their unearthly forms naturally resist damage, and at will (as a free action) they can create a swordlike blade of fiery light in their fist.

Fly (Su): A tulani in humanoid form can fly unaided as a free action.

Gaze (Su): In humanoid form—slay evil creatures of fewer than 8 HD, range 80 ft., Will negates DC 39, but even if successful the creature is blinded and stricken with fear for 2d10 rounds. If the opponent is of any nonevil alignment or is evil and of 8 HD or more, then it suffers blindness and fear only if it fails to save.

Positive Energy (Ex): The tulani’s blade of light deals an additional 2d8 points of positive energy damage to evil creatures.

Celestial Qualities: Protective aura (double strength magic circle against evil and magic circle against law in a 20’ radius and only one or the other functions against any particular enemy, minor globe of invulnerability, protection from arrows, any evil creature must make a Will save DC 39 to be able to approach within 20 ft. of a tulani), electricity and petrification immunity, tongues (always active), +4 save against poison.

Alternate Forms (Su): A tulani can assume the secondary form of any other eladrin as a free action, or assume its humanoid form from any alternate form as a standard action. The tulani keeps its AC and base attack bonus (+16) but causes double the damage of a bralani, noviere, or firre eladrin’s alternate form. In the ghaele’s form, its light-beams strike for 3d12 points of damage each and never miss. A tulani can use its spell-like abilities and spells in any form it chooses to assume, and of course its celestial qualities are always functional.
A tulani remains in one form until it chooses to assume a new one. A change in form cannot be dispelled, but a tulani always reverts back to its primary, humanoid form if killed. A true seeing spell reveals the tulani’s humanoid form.

Spells: Tulani can cast divine spells from the cleric list and the Air, Animal, Chaos, Good, Plant, and Protection domains as 16th-level clerics. (In Divine Abilities)

Alternate Forms:

Bralani form (whirlwind/snowstorm)
Speed: fly 200 ft. (perfect)
Attacks: 2 sand- or snow-blasts +36 ranged touch
Damage: sand/snow blasts 2d10

Blast Attack (Ex): A tulani in whirlwind form can attack with two scourging sand- or snow-blasts for 2d10 points of damage each, inflicted upon any caught within the area of effect. The blasts are 20-foot long cones.
Alternate Form (Su): Any creature within 20 feet of the tulani in whirlwind form suffers -2 to attacks due to stinging sand in its eyes, Will negates DC 18. Any medium-size or smaller creature within 5 feet of a bralani in its whirlwind form is swept off its feet by the raging winds and thrown 10 to 30 feet, Ref negates DC 31.

Coure (Globe of Light)
Speed: Fly 200 ft. (perfect)

Firre (greater) (Pillar of Fire)
Speed: fly 200 ft. (perfect)
Attacks: burning rays +36/+36 ranged touch
Damage: burning rays 6d6/6d6
Fire Ray (Ex): A firre in pillar form can lash out with flame rays to a range of 200 feet.

Ghaele (greater) (Globe of Light)
Speed: fly 200ft. (perfect)
Attacks: 2 light rays ranged touch (auto hit)
Damage: light ray 3d12
Light Ray (Ex): A ghaele in globe form can project light rays with a range of 300 feet.

Noviere (Lesser) (Dolphin)
Speed: Swim 60 ft.
Attacks: Dolphin strike +34 (at least, see below)
Damage: ram 4d8+14 plus possible envelopment
If the noviere's opponent is not accustomed to underwater combat, the ram attack will likely gain substantial bonuses to hit.
Envelopment (Ex): On a natural attack roll of 19 or 20 with her ram attack, a noviere can envelope their foes in the watery mass of their own bodies. To break free an enemy must make a strength check DC 20 or find a way to drive the noviere away with magic. Neither the held opponent nor the noviere can make any attacks while the opponent is held. If the noviere was engaged in mortal combat with her enemy and envelopes it, she will often simply hold the opponent underwater until it drowns.

Shiere (Ball of Light)
Speed: Fly 200 ft. (perfect)

Epic Spells Per Day: 4
Prepared: -
Known: -

Possesions: (34.2 Million)

Luithi's Travelling Pack (61,000 gp)

Luithi's Travelling Pack

A backpack of this sort appears to be well made, well used, and quite ordinary. It is constructed of finely tanned leather, and the straps have brass hardware and buckles. It has two side pouches, each of which appears large enough to hold about a quart of material. In fact, each is like a bag of holding and can actually hold material equal to as much as 150 cu. ft cubic feet in volume or 1,000 lb pounds in weight. The large central portion of the pack can contain up to 250 cu. ft cubic feet or 1,500 lb. pounds of material. Even when so filled, the backpack always weighs only 5 pounds.

While such storage is useful enough, the pack has an even greater power in addition. When the wearer reaches into it for a specific item, that item is always on top. Thus, no digging around and fumbling is ever necessary to find what a haversack contains. Retrieving any specific item from a travelling pack is a free action. Luithi's Travelling Pack and whatever it contains gain a +5 resistance bonus to all saving throws.

Caster Level: 9th; Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, Leo_mund’s secret chest; Market Price: 61,000 gp; Weight: 5 lb.

Epic Leadership (Leadership Score (48/48/49)
Cohort (29th level)

(To Do: Lots)

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
The Forsaken One said:

Look at what I post. I said some Pieces like the +10 to all saves
and the +12 hp per HD for + 7 ECL that kinda thing, not the
whole template =]

I hate to taunt but,

None None None None None None None None None None.
I completely understand what you are saying, and I say,
None None None None None None None None NOne None.

It's a dumb request, that will do nobody any good.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Howling Coyote said:
Insane is not the word I would use. This is pure madness, but I like it.:D I just wonder how someone can run a game with that power level, I certainly could not do it.

So do I use the EHL +12 ECL for a demilich, or the +6 that can be derived from the attributes?

Can I use the Strongholds book? It would be interesting to design an insane fortress to my character, not to mention spend all that money into.

I assume the FRCS and MoF are on the okay list for usable material.

(Maybe this all would be easier if I just made a mature adult force dragon:))

Yes, use the +12 ECL for demilich, it seems to be more correct than the +10 it is by my count. The Ability score derived ECL really only works with the most basic templates, Half Dragon, Half Celestial, and Half fiend.

And please do use the SHBGB. The other two books are partials. I only want you pulling elements you really want from there. I don't want it to just be a world we create where we have all types of energies (books) intertwined without order. Take the good, leave the bad, and there ya have...

Last edited:

Remove ads