• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Constructing and Working out the Epic Game

Creamsteak

Explorer
Zack2216 said:
so, what is the most gp we can spend on one item again?

Also, can I take the permanent emanation spell and control weather?

1/10th of your wealth would be about right for a cap. You can break it by as much as 50%, so up to 3/20ths...

Mr. Draco

First Post
Well, I just got my ELH today and while looking through it, a thought struck me. A leshay looks like it'd be really fun to play :) So, any open slots left? If so, could somebody outline for me the basic character creation rules?

If you have a spare slot open, i can have a character ready by monday.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Mr. Draco said:
Well, I just got my ELH today and while looking through it, a thought struck me. A leshay looks like it'd be really fun to play :) So, any open slots left? If so, could somebody outline for me the basic character creation rules?

If you have a spare slot open, i can have a character ready by monday.

Monday is still early, but I'm very open ended. We are working with ECL = HD, and ECL Cap at 666,000 xp (37th level).

I might be changing that sometime, but for now just go ahead and submit... must nap now... have much work tomorrow.

Mr. Draco

First Post
Hrm... ECL=HD. Well, that throws out the leshay (at 50 HD). I assume I'm allowed to argue my case? Well, I'll give it a try.

The Leshay is listed at CR 28 and ECL 32. According to the ELH, that means that the Leshay as written is an ECL 32 (specific feat & skill selection i'm assuming don't change the ECL, just the number of feats/skills). I propose that the Leshay should be left at ECL 32. Now, the Leshay + 5 levels would not be equal to ECL 37 if you gave the character normal starting gp for 37th level (9,900,000gp). This is because the equipment for the Leshay (standard treasure for it's CR) is calculated in as part of the ECL. Now, standard treasure for a CR 28 encounter is 170,000gp. This means that a Leshay + 170,000gp
(worth of equipment/etc) = Level 32 character. This makes sense to me, as it's saying that the Leshay race + 170,000gp = 32 Levels + 5,600,000gp.

So, for extra racial abilities, a Leshay character looses 5,430,000gp.

Following this, it means that an ECL 37 Leshay (assuming ECL of leshay is 32; i.e.- ELH value) is basically:

Leshay + 5 levels + 9,900,000gp (starting for 37th level character) - 5,430,000gp (amount that is lost to make up for leshay racial abilities. Or, in other words:

Leshay + 5 levels + 4,470,000gp = ECL 37.

To make up for the extra hp and racial abilities, the Leshay begins with less than half of the regular value of equipment.

What do you think regarding this argument?

Kalanyr

Explorer
Ashrem, the Bonus PP from your improved manifesting/manifestation is wrong (they are the same feat), you get 19 PP for the first one, 21 for the second, 23 for the third and so on. So you should get 19+21+23+25+27+29=144 PP.

Also your Metapsionic PP limit should be 19 + 12(6 x Improved Manifesting) = 31

Edit: Found my PsiHB, the Bonus PP from the Con 40 would be 296 total. For a grand total of 440 PP added on to the base number of PP for being 20th level, and then adjusted by an appropriate items and such you have.

Edit: Found ITCK total PP = 265 (base) + 440 (Stat + Improved Manifestation) + 35 (Psicrystal) +147 (Ring) +75 (Capacitors) -16 (Mind Blank) = 946 PP

Edit- Oh and by the way how did you get such good saves ?

Last edited:

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Thanks for the help Kalanyr, this is my first Epic Character and it has been very appreciated.

I'm going to repost my character with the changes you mentioned and a few other things that occured to me last night.

I'll also break down the saves.

EDIT: OOPS! Evidently I added the ability SCORE to the Saving Throws instead of the Modifier. Duh! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Remove ads