• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Constructing and Working out the Epic Game

Creamsteak

Explorer
Ashrem Bayle said:
After looking over many of the characters, I'm starting to get concerned.

Will this game even be playable?

Maybe I'm just not used to working with this scale of power, but with all the gods and monster characters and such, it seems that playing a human psion or something is just too mundane.

It seems like the most important roll in combat will be initiative. If you don't go first, you die.

*shrug* Maybe its just me. :confused:

Yeah, but it really won't mean anything. All of you can easily be revived by other players (especially gods) with extreme ease. So as far as player vs. player goes, everything is balanced by the simple fact that unless your in a major climax, you probably can be brought back for a pidly sum of resources and a diet soda.

As for player vs. creature, I'll reduce the experience reward sometimes, but I'll never raise the CR. If your ripping through encounters, so what? Eventually there will be an accident, and you'll slip on your face, and you'll see that your unbeatable character is just as subject to the dice as someone else. Also, at this point you guys will be facing encounters that come back for more, and run away when it's time. It's ok for fight to the death creatures at lower levels, but if it has an intelligence of at least 10, it knows that retreating is important.

Creamsteak

Explorer
The Forsaken One said:
Kal ok now I'll start whining again about that alter reality is too powerfull since you can just take away anything you wish at will from any other non deity PC at your disposal. U want the whining u can have it... IMO alter reality is way too powerfull but you don't see me crying. You wanna be the deity, be my guest but that's your choise and live with it. I just pick my thing that's ok according to a "core" book and oeee it might be more powerfull (which it won't be since you can just wish all its powers away) then my min maxed munchy god dude with alter reality *G*

So now you wanna start teh whining be my guest.

I won't allow it. Maybe dispel them for 1d4 rounds, but not remove permanently.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Sorry TFO, my decion on ECL=HD was a completely blanket decision.

That means that you can't use an infernal. Unless you make a major sacrifice... curses and stuff that are the equivelent of a negative template...

curses and stuff that are the equivelent of a negative template...

please do tell.. a cursed Infernal just is too cool... just look at it, a cursed infernal abomination.... if anything would ever get cursed it's the dispised unwated offspring of an evil deity and a fiend! That's cool! I hope you have some way to putting it at ECL 30 (so kill the 10 HD or something that equals it.)

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
The Forsaken One said:

please do tell.. a cursed Infernal just is too cool... just look at it, a cursed infernal abomination.... if anything would ever get cursed it's the dispised unwated offspring of an evil deity and a fiend! That's cool! I hope you have some way to putting it at ECL 30 (so kill the 10 HD or something that equals it.)

I'll research the topic a little. I'm getting back into working on my FFT classes, so... yeah I'm probably going to spend 1% of my time on it, but I'll get to it eventually.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Kalanyr said:
Question does this ECL=HD include a DR 0, because if it does, then DR 0 should be evaluated at +0 ECL.

:rolleyes:

*Looks around, then looks back* "Did I really just hear that?"

:eek:

No Kal, my ratings I mentioned earlier still stand for Divine Ranks.
My Template ratings stand as well, even though that's not what you asked.

I'm not sure how you confused it but...

:D :cool:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads