Air Elemental
Str 6, Dex 19, Con 10, Int 4, Wis 11, Cha 11, slam 1d3

Earth Elemental
Str 13, Dex 10, Con 13, Int 4, Wis 11, Cha 11, slam 1d4

Fire Elemental
Str 6, Dex 15, Con 10, Int 4, Wis 11, Cha 11, slam 1d3 plus 1d3 fire

Water Elemental
Str 10, Dex 12, Con 13, Int 4, Wis 11, Cha 11, slam 1d4

We also know that Int will be 1 for all of them.

Doing this would make the most sense to me, but it differs some from the original (at least imagining that the AC is due to Dex and looking at the slams). Do we want to stick with the original really closely, or do you agree that we should use the above with Int -> 1?

Shade

Monster Junkie
freyar said:
Doing this would make the most sense to me, but it differs some from the original (at least imagining that the AC is due to Dex and looking at the slams). Do we want to stick with the original really closely, or do you agree that we should use the above with Int -> 1?

In this case, I think fitting them in with the existing elementals is probably the better option.

Mortis

First Post
I must have missed this thread - the miniature elementals remind me of the Mystaran fundamentals - conversions of which you can see from here.

Regards
Mortis

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Mini Elementals

Just to save you some time, Shade, I went ahead and did the first stat block for you. ;)

Miniature Air Elemental
Tiny Elemental (Air)
Hit Dice: 1d8 (4 hp)
Initiative: +4
Speed: fly 40 ft (8 squares) (perfect)
Armor Class: 16 (+2 size, +4 Dex), touch 16, flat-footed 12
Base Attack/Grapple: +0/-10
Attack: Slam +4 melee (1d3-2)
Full Attack: Slam +4 melee (1d3-2)
Space/Reach: 2.5 ft/0 ft
Special Attacks: -
Special Qualities: DR 10/magic, Darkvision 60 ft, Elemental Traits
Saves: Fort +0, Ref +0, Will +6
Abilities: Str 6, Dex 19, Con 10, Int 1, Wis 11, Cha 11
Skills: Hide +4
Feats: Weapon Finesse
Environment: Any Land
Organization: Pack (2d6)
Challenge Rating: 1
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 2-3 HD (Tiny)
Level Adjustment: -

I adjusted the DR down a bit to account for the low CR, though maybe we want to make it DR5. Skills, Feats, and CR are still up for discussion, I guess. So not quite done. :eek:

Last edited:

Shade

Monster Junkie
Thanks. I've begun adding them to Homebrews (each as an individual entry as that's how they'll go into the CC).

Air
Earth
Fire
Water

A few things:

I think we should add back the bonus feats the Small elementals possess in most cases (Improved Init and Weapon Finesse for the air elemental). This gives it one feat back. The Small has Flyby Attack, which still seems appropriate for the mini.

Al-Qadim: Genie's Curse said:
The miniature elementals are all less than two feet tall and look like their element. Fire elementals are small moving balls of flame, air elementals are little whirlwinds, earth elementals are moving rocks, and water elementals are bouncing blobs of cohesive water.

Should we retaing the whirlwind ability, downsized to Tiny?

How about air mastery? Keep or discard?

Last edited:

Remove ads