Converting Oriental Adventures creatures

Cleon

Legend
Just make them both Su, then.

Will do...

...did do.

Come to think of it, if we make Hungry Paper (Su) doesn't it mean that, in a literal reading of the rules, a gohei can't starve in an antimagic zone because its hunger doesn't work?

Or am I overthinking things, as usual? :p

I'll return Hungry Paper to being typeless, for the time being, like a Vampire's weaknesses.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Come to think of it, if we make Hungry Paper (Su) doesn't it mean that, in a literal reading of the rules, a gohei can't starve in an antimagic zone because its hunger doesn't work?

Possibly, but I'm not sure that's a big deal.

Or am I overthinking things, as usual? :p

Possibly. ;)

I'll return Hungry Paper to being typeless, for the time being, like a Vampire's weaknesses.

I loathe typeless abilities. Grr.... :rant:

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Vampire weaknesses aren't an ability are they? They always seem like a whole separate section to me. But I don't think we need that. Just make it Ex if we have to.

Cleon

Legend
Vampire weaknesses aren't an ability are they? They always seem like a whole separate section to me. But I don't think we need that. Just make it Ex if we have to.

If it makes it easier I prefer Ex over Su, although I'm OK with typeless in this case, unlike Shade.

Cleon

Legend
Ex it is! ;)

Updated Working Draft.

"Though they have no sensory organs, gohei p’oh can detect the presence of all living creatures within an area 20 feet in diameter. They can detect spirits, and intruders who are invisible. No one can surprise a gohei p’oh"

Blind and Blindsense 20 ft.? It probably isn't be deaf, since it responds to its master's commands.

"A transformation takes one full round, during which the paper spirit remains stationary and can take no other actions"

Alternate form is a full-round action?

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Just blindsense, not blind, since there's no mention that they're immune to gaze attacks.

Full-round it is.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases