Converting prehistoric animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Sizing up the cave hallucigenia, I get the following physical stats: Str 26, Dex 13, Con 19. Sizing down the regular variety, we get Str 12, Dex 15, Con 12. I don't think it makes sense for the acidic hallucigenia to be radically stronger than its larger aquatic kin, but it shouldn't be so far off (in order to move about on land, for example, a vermin'd need to be stronger than its aquatic kin). How about Str 16-18, Dex 13-15, Con 14-16? And Wis 10, Cha 2 still works for me.

We have two options with the acidic jet. We can either make it a breath weapon (30ft line, Reflex half) or a ranged touch attack (to hit roll, but no save). I'm inclined, by the example of the digester and ankheg, to make it a breath weapon.

Demiurge out.
 

log in or register to remove this ad

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
demiurge1138 said:
Sizing up the cave hallucigenia, I get the following physical stats: Str 26, Dex 13, Con 19. Sizing down the regular variety, we get Str 12, Dex 15, Con 12. I don't think it makes sense for the acidic hallucigenia to be radically stronger than its larger aquatic kin, but it shouldn't be so far off (in order to move about on land, for example, a vermin'd need to be stronger than its aquatic kin). How about Str 16-18, Dex 13-15, Con 14-16? And Wis 10, Cha 2 still works for me.

your logic works for me. :) Str 17, Dex 25, Con 15?

demiurge1138 said:
We have two options with the acidic jet. We can either make it a breath weapon (30ft line, Reflex half) or a ranged touch attack (to hit roll, but no save). I'm inclined, by the example of the digester and ankheg, to make it a breath weapon.

I agree. :) taking a cue from the ankheg:

Acidic Jet (Ex): 30-ft. line, once every X rounds; damage 2d8 acid, Reflex DC X half. An acidic hallucigenia uses this acid to digest its prey, but can use it as an offensive weapon if pressed. A hallucigenia may use this acid jet up to three times per day.
 





BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
That helps Shade, thanks. :p

demiurge1138 said:
You do mean Dex 15, right?

well actually, I meant to put 14 for Dex, not 25. ;) (misaligned on the keypad!)
 

Shade

Monster Junkie
Someone's enjoying the new Bump feature a bit too much. :p

OK, so assuming the ability scores of Str 17, Dex 14, Con 15, Int -, Wis 10, Cha 2...

Large Vermin
Hit Dice: 5d8+10 (46 hp)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 10 ft (2 squares)
Armor Class: 15 (-1 size, +2 Dex, +4 natural), touch 11, flat-footed 13
Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+10
Attack: X
Full Attack: 6 spines +5 melee (1d4+3) and 7 tentacles +0 melee (1d4+1)
Space/Reach: 5 ft/5 ft
Special Attacks: Acid jet
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft, immunity to acid
Saves: Fort +6 Ref +3 Will +1
Abilities: Str 17, Dex 14, Con 15, Int ---, Wis 10, Cha 2
Skills: Jump -9
Feats: -
 

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Shade said:
Someone's enjoying the new Bump feature a bit too much. :p

never, not possible. :)

I’ll try to work up some flavor text today as that’s about all that’s left…
 

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
This bizarre creature almost defies description. Its spindly form consists of four pairs of spiny rear legs and three pairs of front legs, and a set of seven pincer-tipped tentacles. Its tail is a hollow tube that drips a caustic fluid.

The hallucigenia, perhaps aptly named because some explorers swear that it must be a hallucination, is a creature with an anatomy so strange that nothing about it can be assumed. This subspecies of hallucigenia has adapted to live on land, actively hunting its prey.

An acidic hallucigenia is 8 feet long and weighs about X pounds.

COMBAT
When an acidic hallucigenia corners its prey, or is attacked, it rears up on its rear legs and lunges forward. It usually squirts digestive acid on slain prey, so that its tentacle pincers (the true mouths) can tear the prey to pieces, but the hallucigenia can use this acid on live prey if pressed.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases

Top